Notices

Need help buying a Boat

Old 03-30-2010, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Need help buying a Boat

My husband and I have decided to get back into the boating world and looking to buy a cruiser. Hoping to find one under $30,000.00 and within 100 miles of Cincinnati Ohio. Any suggestions of where to start our hunt? We have been checking the internet and only found a few that looked interesting. Thanks!
Old 03-30-2010, 11:02 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Walk the docks at marinas. You'll find many that have already been listed with no luck selling and have 4 sale signs on them. More than likely you'll get a better price since the sellers have already tried the advertising route and are now more willing to negotiate. I bought mine last yr from our marine on the same dock as my slip. Walked by it several months and seen the 4 sale sign, then decided to check into it more. Got it for a good price as the owner has been trying to sell it for a couple yrs. just not going all out listing it all the time. There are tons of them 4 sale at my marina, many for a long time.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:16 AM
Registered

Thanks a lot. We should be having some nice weather here so we just might do that.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by zeller
Thanks a lot. We should be having some nice weather here so we just might do that.

Make a weekend of it, and go to lake cumberland and walk the docks there. You'll see 100x more boats there than you would driving to every marina within 100 miles of cincy.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:48 PM
Steve_H

There are lots of members here that like to spend other peoples money Have you narrowed down what your wanting? Length, single or twins, generator, make and model, year range, overnighting?

Old 04-08-2010, 08:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve_H
There are lots of members here that like to spend other peoples money Have you narrowed down what your wanting? Length, single or twins, generator, make and model, year range, overnighting?
Ok, here goes! We're looking for a cruiser, and no smaller than 34', not older than 1994, would love a shower that wouldn't wash down the entire bathroom, now my husband would like a fresh water boat with twins and oh yeah a generator would be a must. I don't like the larger boats with the cuddy cabins! Now for the biggie....price....I have capped off at $50,000. If the boat has to be delivered then that should be considered in the cap price. Ok guys, go to work because I'm at my wits end here! Thanks!
Old 04-08-2010, 10:49 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A guy at my marina has a 34' Baja motor yacht, twin 502's w/gen. Mid 90's. Very nice shape, looks new. It's been for sale a couple yrs, just with a sign on it though, not really listing, but I heard he needs to sell it. I considered it, but just more boat than I wanted. Priced right around your range. It's in Bloomington, IN on LAke Monroe.... might be worth a road trip.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:12 AM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

Try :
www.yachtworld.com
search brokers and then find a state.
Great listings.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by zeller
Ok, here goes! We're looking for a cruiser, and no smaller than 34', not older than 1994, would love a shower that wouldn't wash down the entire bathroom, now my husband would like a fresh water boat with twins and oh yeah a generator would be a must. I don't like the larger boats with the cuddy cabins! Now for the biggie....price....I have capped off at $50,000. If the boat has to be delivered then that should be considered in the cap price. Ok guys, go to work because I'm at my wits end here! Thanks!
Will you be keeping it in a boat slip somewhere? If so you have to pay attention to the beam width. Almost all cruisers over 28 feet will have at least a 12 foot beam. Something to think about if you already have a 12 foot slip.

Also, stick to the popular engine/drive packages. Mercruiser or Volvo only. NO Omc.

Old 04-08-2010, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thisis the boat they are looking at getting. What are your thoughts on it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.