25.17%
Other - Reply with suggestions
10.49%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree0Likes

Outerlimits SV 28 Feedback

Old 04-09-2010, 10:03 PM
Registered

Call Bob at our place and make a deal for a dozen gen3 570s (or 625s) and then option the Indy or the ASD's per customer request. Im quite partial to aluminum V10's.........
Old 04-09-2010, 10:29 PM
Registered

My Boats: Bandit Boats

If this is going to be a 90+MPH 'Offshore' boat then go with the Ilmor. I don't see a five seater, semi cabin 28 running in the 90's with a 525 unless it's really light. Then it'll suffer in the 'Offshore' rough.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:41 PM
Registered

My Boats: Outerlimits

All I have to say is everyone usually doubts OL with their speeds and they usually prove everyone wrong with a very fast great riding and great handling boat!! The new 28 will be no different.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:45 PM

My Boats: 1990 28 Apache SOLD!, 1990 16 Wahoo DC, 1973 40 Kingscraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaBeach View Post
I think this is a great target market. As for all the "it needs twins to be offshore" get real!!!! You need to pull up the Pantera racing videos on youtube. As I stated before many of us DON'T want twins. Especially when a single motor can be faster than the same boat with twins or similar, why spend all the extra cash on Maint, Fuel, and Insurance when a single get the job done. To be honest probably 75% of the members on this site don't even boat in the ocean.

I would like to add one more comment on all the "twin" fans pull a used boat value on a twin engine vs single engine Fountain, Pantera, or Scarab. Yea the single is worth more, don't take my word look it up yourself.
Many of us DO want twins. We are all entitled to our own opinions, so quite crying about it.

How much do you think a 30ft mystique is worth with a single engine. How much do you think a 32 fountain is worth with a single engine? Tell me, since you pretend to be such a genious. Why did the most well respected offshore race builder only offer twins on their 30ft boat? Perhaps they know a lot more than you............
Old 04-11-2010, 02:51 PM

My Boats: 1990 28 Apache SOLD!, 1990 16 Wahoo DC, 1973 40 Kingscraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauderdaleboats View Post
If this is going to be a 90+MPH 'Offshore' boat then go with the Ilmor. I don't see a five seater, semi cabin 28 running in the 90's with a 525 unless it's really light. Then it'll suffer in the 'Offshore' rough.
+1
Old 04-11-2010, 03:02 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater View Post
Many of us DO want twins. We are all entitled to our own opinions, so quite crying about it.

How much do you think a 30ft mystique is worth with a single engine. How much do you think a 32 fountain is worth with a single engine? Tell me, since you pretend to be such a genious. Why did the most well respected offshore race builder only offer twins on their 30ft boat? Perhaps they know a lot more than you............
You're statement on twins is absurd. Your just plain wrong actually. Lets go through some "well respected offshore race boats". Kryptonite, 29 feet ( all singles). Race by fast 2 fun and his father, both well respected (stylin' national champs?), Typhoon marine (won a bunch), Joey Impressica (can you get more well respected? He raced the 29 kryptonite superheat). 26 Corsa, SINGLE.... 27 magnum's are now SINGLES..... 30 Y2k Outragous, SINGLE.... 27 and 30 activators (MRD I believe builds them) SINGLES, Progression 27 and 29 SINGLES. Pantera just made there 28 with a SINGLE ( http://www.panteraboats.com/newboats...8_sr_pg12.html ), heres a link for ya (just in case), Laveycraft 270 SINGLE (also very well respected), Warlock 29, SINGLE ( http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o33185-en.html ) , Brand new VELOCITY 30 SINGLE ( http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o24755-en.html ) .

So tell me again how all the respected offshore boats are twins. I'm not attempting to dumb you down, so please do not take it that way. But, sir, you are wrong when you say everyone is using twins. Singles is where it is at, especially when it comes to true OFFSHORE boats. The proof is in the pudding

Last edited by Mastercraft240; 04-11-2010 at 03:08 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:06 PM
Registered

Oh, can't forget Hustler........28, Rockit SINGLE
http://www.hustlerspeedboats.com/spe...29-rockit.html
And the joker 28.... http://www.jokerperformanceboats.com/28Joker.html

Last edited by Mastercraft240; 04-11-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Registered

My Boats: Outerlimits GTX

ohhhh whatever............
Hey.....as stated earlier "optional" ..... single anything and/or - try twin LSA supercharged small blocks (ctsV ZR1 ) at least in one of the first 5 boats to see how it runs.

just my 2-pennies.........of thought.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

My Boats: Missing my PowerPlay

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastercraft240 View Post
Singles is where it is at, especially when it comes to true OFFSHORE boats.
When I think of true OFFSHORE boats, 28 footers don't come to mind. Anyway, like what you like, I'll never go back to a single.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Boatless

Quote:
Originally Posted by letterrip View Post
ohhhh whatever............
Hey.....as stated earlier "optional" ..... single anything and/or - try twin LSA supercharged small blocks (ctsV ZR1 ) at least in one of the first 5 boats to see how it runs.

just my 2-pennies.........of thought.
And you have a very good thought with the twin LS small blocks, I like it. I am indiffferent on whether OL builds the boat with twins or a single, get to building....As stated on another website, this thread is a good marketing effort, and has generated interest in their 28' product, hopefully they will have as much success in sales and on water as this thread has generated in product interest. If you build it, the boat will sell....We are all interested.

Animalhouse,

When is production scheduled for this 28' boat? With what power (size/manufacturer) will this first 28' boat have? When will it hit the water? How much $$$,$$$ for this first boat. These are fair questions, and you may have a real prospect reading this thread. Good luck with your build, I am sure it will be a very nice boat.

Last edited by Smarty; 04-11-2010 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Second paragraph is for an OL representative or an OL insider.