Notices

Speaker recommendations

Old 04-10-2010, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also has anyone place a speakerbox in their cabin? I have often wondered why you dont see more of this . I understand the concept of having the mids and highs outside for the clarity , but would think the bass coming from the cabin would do well ,especially since it is bouncing off all the walls. I have a 12" Kicker solabaric in a decent box ,that i can cover in white,and think it would do great with big power . .. . Thoughts???
Old 04-10-2010, 02:04 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Here is the link of my install I told you about http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ound-pics.html The total install...cutting holes, speakers, wire, amps, everything was $2500 and it screams. The water is absolutely worthless without a killer stereo (unless your a gay guy and don;t like to have girls dancing on your boat) so make sure and not short cut it! As far as sound in the cuddy goes. I think most people just have to much junk to feel there cuddy and you want to be able to feel the bass in your seat while you are riding.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Focals..........they sound absolutly amazing!!
Thats what I had in the NT..Loved them...Nice tight deep base, good mids, and highs were perfect not screaching when cranked up. I even had a set made for when rafting up. I also added a remote by the swim platform.
Attached Thumbnails Speaker recommendations-26032_9.jpg  
Old 04-10-2010, 05:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 509 SC
I don't think JL offers a 6x9 size, otherwise I'ld be very interested. I've heard a lot of good comments about them! Steve
JL does make a 6x9, just not in a marine version
Old 04-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dookie
How are the Polk Amps ? I am about to purchase a JL , but only because i have heard so much good about the speakers , and the fact that they have a 6 channel that is pretty reasonable?
The amps I have ... have been flawless. Plenty of clean power. I would buy Polk's again.

Originally Posted by dookie
Also has anyone place a speakerbox in their cabin? I have often wondered why you dont see more of this . I understand the concept of having the mids and highs outside for the clarity , but would think the bass coming from the cabin would do well ,especially since it is bouncing off all the walls. I have a 12" Kicker solabaric in a decent box ,that i can cover in white,and think it would do great with big power . .. . Thoughts???
My portable sub in the cabin is nice...quite boom'y if you sit in there but when it is time to let er rip, we bring the speaker box out in the open...amazing how the boom is when you place the speaker where you want it. I also like the idea of being able to completely remove the speaker from the boat.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:57 PM
Registered

COol , i think that i am going to cover the box with some white vinyl , and put some big power behind it. The box is just big and cumbersome , and wont really want to move it much. I am just not ready to give up my under seat storage .
But..... how do the subs do under your seats.??? Are you building sealed enclosures under there?
Old 04-12-2010, 10:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just wanted to thank everybody with their speaker knowledge! Ended up going with the Polk MM series. Steve