Double Question, Exhuast/Fuel Flow >

Double Question, Exhuast/Fuel Flow

Notices

Double Question, Exhuast/Fuel Flow

Old 04-11-2010, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Double Question, Exhuast/Fuel Flow

Some of the Kryptonite guys were nice enough to present a solution for a sender issue. Thanks guys. Last year I got stuck in the ocean during a pretty bad rain storm. My sender was reading a little less than half a tank and all the sudden it was at E and I was dead in the water. (I was only cruising around 60-70 for 15 minutes). I ended up drifting a mile and a half in shore with water crashing over the back, lighting flares in the fog with cross winds messing up the gelcoat. Coast Guard ended up catching me 20 feet from the jetties in 7 feet if water. Anyways, two part question. Has anyone put a fuel flow in big HP engines? Mercury had one in their 300xs. Found it very useful. I'm a little uneasy without it. Second question for the LI guys. Whats the chances of getting away with dry exhaust all season without mufflers....?
http://www.floscan.com/html/blue/index.php

PS: The island I was going around ( long beach ), is only 12.4 miles long. Usually only takes 10 minutes to go around the ocean side and 20 minutes on the bay side with alot of idle zones so a half a tank would/should have been plenty.......

Last edited by Mastercraft240; 04-11-2010 at 04:00 PM.