Stereo Fuse 46 Outlerlimits

Notices

Stereo Fuse 46 Outlerlimits

Old 04-14-2010, 12:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo Fuse 46 Outlerlimits

I was wondering if anyone has some info on where I can locate the fuse for the stereo system on my 46 Outerlimits, 2008. It blew a couple of years ago, and OL replaced it. At the time, I asked how to do it, and they basically said I wouldn't ever find it. So now it is on the Lake, and I need to change it or repair it myself, and am not sure where to start.

If anyone has some info, or experience with this, I would appreciate it.
Thanks, Andy L
Old 04-14-2010, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 2,831 Likes on 951 Posts

I'm not versed in the wiring diagram of OL's. But am fairly versed in stereos. I assume it's a standard head unit, connected to one (or more) amps, couple of subs and mid and highs?

Depending on how it's wired: If the whole system is shut down, or if there is just no sound because your amps are getting no power. Locate the power cord, connected to the battery and follow it back to the stereo. Somewhere along the line, there will be a main fuse. That is probably your culprit. Now, the peeps at OL may have told you not to bother looking for it because it's in the gunwalls or its stashed behind the head unit to keep everything nice and neat in the engine compartment.

On a related note: when you're all blotto on the lake and the chicks are dancing, taking off their clothes off and everyone is partying like rock stars, I know it's not the first thing on your mind to keep an ear open for that distortion in the stereo that happens when the amps are getting hot or when you're just pushing the system too hard, but to avoid fuse blow out in the future, this is something that needs to be done!

Last edited by thisistank; 04-14-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:09 PM
Registered

Call OL
Old 04-14-2010, 01:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by thisistank
I'm not versed in the wiring diagram of OL's. But am fairly versed in stereos. I assume it's a standard head unit, connected to one (or more) amps, couple of subs and mid and highs?

Depending on how it's wired: If the whole system is shut down, or if there is just no sound because your amps are getting no power. Locate the power cord, connected to the battery and follow it back to the stereo. Somewhere along the line, there will be a main fuse. That is probably your culprit. Now, the peeps at OL may have told you not to bother looking for it because it's in the gunwalls or its stashed behind the head unit to keep everything nice and neat in the engine compartment.

On a related note: when you're all blotto on the lake and the chicks are dancing, taking off their clothes off and everyone is partying like rock stars, I know it's not the first thing on your mind to keep an ear open for that distortion in the stereo that happens when the amps are getting hot or when you're just pushing the system too hard, but to avoid fuse blow out in the future, this is something that needs to be done!
Fused didn't blow from cranking it. Just quit working. Problem is, wiring runs up port side of the boat, all enclosed in the gunwale. However, I will probably need to get in there somehow!

I called OL, they havnt gotten back to me. That is why the post.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Back4More
Call OL
Exactly..when I had questions.. I called NT.. they gladly helped out...OL should do the same..but you gotta call them... Service after the sale is more important for repeat business. Good Luck.. BTW your boat rocks..saw it in 07 or 08 at KW.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

thnxs for the help, Erin from OL called, gave me the info
Old 04-14-2010, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 2,831 Likes on 951 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirty Bird
thnxs for the help, Erin from OL called, gave me the info
Glad you got it worked out. Simple enough fix?
Old 04-14-2010, 10:37 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 790 Likes on 257 Posts

Good to hear the boat is back on Lanier. I will be in town for Memorial weekend. Maybe we can get a beer.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:17 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Two things come to mind...

1. why is it poping fuses?

2. replace fuse with accessable resetable breaker