Like Tree0Likes

Help.. Need a Computer for a 700SCI

Reply
Old 04-16-2010, 11:56 AM
  #1
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Deatsville, AL
My Boats: LATE FEE$ Donzi 38ZR 700's
Posts: 350
Default Help.. Need a Computer for a 700SCI

Having issues with a computer on one of my 700's. The idol sensor is not getting enough jucie to run from the computer and mercury tells me I need a new computer. They said its a harware issue. Swap the PCM to other motor and the problem follows. Anyone have any other thoughts, or perhaps a computer around they wanna sell?
Mykalvballer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:20 PM
  #2
Chris
Gold Member
 
CB-BLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Snohomish, WA
My Boats: 2009 Nordic Heat - 600sci - Whipple Stage X - SCX drive
Posts: 1,426
Default

I would call Dustin Whipple.. he might have an extra one and/or fix your existing one.

559-442-1261

Chris
CB-BLR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 05:46 AM
  #3
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 496
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykalvballer View Post
Having issues with a computer on one of my 700's. The idol sensor is not getting enough jucie to run from the computer and mercury tells me I need a new computer. They said its a harware issue. Swap the PCM to other motor and the problem follows. Anyone have any other thoughts, or perhaps a computer around they wanna sell?
Long shot here, But maybe one of these places can repair it for you, Worth a call if nothing else. If they can please let us know the outcome, Thanks

http://simonmotorsports.com/

http://www.technicalservicesin.com/index.php?page=ecm
Boat Tech is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:19 AM
  #4
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykalvballer View Post
Having issues with a computer on one of my 700's. The idol sensor is not getting enough jucie to run from the computer and mercury tells me I need a new computer. They said its a harware issue. Swap the PCM to other motor and the problem follows. Anyone have any other thoughts, or perhaps a computer around they wanna sell?
I lost 2 computers last year. What happens is the IAC valve burns up and takes the computer with it. Change the valve with the computer before you loose another computer. There is no fixing the old computers I was told.
mudslide is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:51 AM
  #5
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Deatsville, AL
My Boats: LATE FEE$ Donzi 38ZR 700's
Posts: 350
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudslide View Post
I lost 2 computers last year. What happens is the IAC valve burns up and takes the computer with it. Change the valve with the computer before you loose another computer. There is no fixing the old computers I was told.
Perfect! Thats what happen to mine just like you said "IAC took out the computer". Sounds like mercury has issues that need addressed. Part alone is almost $2K....Hello Mercury

$100 part that causes $2000 in damage is an issue as far as I am concerned. 2 Other friends also had to replace their computers. Makes 4 of us now!
Mykalvballer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:56 PM
  #6
Registered
 
outriggers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Clinton N.J.
Posts: 946
Default

Is this IAC the same one thats on a 525EFI? Doug
outriggers is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:43 PM
  #7
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Atlantic City, NJ
Posts: 597
Default

Let me know if you guys need the parts new. I can get them to you for almost dealer price. Any merc part.
SVL-WARLOCK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:13 PM
  #8
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykalvballer View Post
Perfect! Thats what happen to mine just like you said "IAC took out the computer". Sounds like mercury has issues that need addressed. Part alone is almost $2K....Hello Mercury

$100 part that causes $2000 in damage is an issue as far as I am concerned. 2 Other friends also had to replace their computers. Makes 4 of us now!
The first one went after 150 hrs and second 25 hrs later. I think after 125 hrs you should change the IAC's maybe we can save a computer.
mudslide is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.