what do you think of these bolsters?

Notices

what do you think of these bolsters?

Old 04-24-2002, 02:44 AM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking Holy S$%&!!!!!!!

I just read the rest of Advantage_Rob's post and we both said the same exact thing about you not being able to spell and being the "perfect match"...... OOOOOHhhhh well, GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE!!!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2002, 02:59 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any ideas on where i can find in expensiev bolsters? these were 900 for a pair. The Twin Marine ones are $900 each. My local interior guy can make me a pair but they will be $2200 for the pair, they are pretty heavy duty though.
Old 04-24-2002, 07:58 AM
290PQ

Puder, I bought a set of these about 3 years ago for my 261 Liberator. I sent him a sample of my back seat vinyl and he matched it pretty good. As for the overall quality it was OK but not premium. I did have the boat for a year and a half after I installed them and had no problems.
If I remember right it is kind of a one man operation and he is kind of hard to get a hold of but very willing to customize to your needs as far as height and width. Delivery time was only 3-4 weeks. I was a little nervouis about giveing someone in Miami my credit card (I'm In Mich.) but no problems!
I guess it's the same old story you get what you pay for, I got what I expected. You can't compare a set of 1000.00 Bolsters to a set of 6000.00 bolsters.

Old 04-24-2002, 09:24 AM
Ike
Charter Member#93
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I had them do my interior and I was happy with the work. I had him build the bolsters thicker than what he shows on his web site and they look great, but communication was a problem and some of the work was not perfect but for $2,000 I was happy.
PS. I had him redo the interior that was in my boat including the bolsters.
Old 04-24-2002, 02:36 PM
Registered

Hey Puder,
I called Earls and asked about bolster's, They have two set's, one is new and they want (ouch)$2500, then they have a used set, that need re-done, and only want $200 for them. They said they are made of wood though, and I'm not sure what they would be like. I told him I'd check them out tomorrow around noon, I'll try to steal my friends digital camera to get some pic's of them if they are worth pursueing. He said the new one's were in a different warehouse of his and I'll find out more tomorrow about those if you want. There's another place right by earls that has something similar to a boat junkyard. I'll see if I can stop there too.
Old 04-24-2002, 05:15 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

rob thanks that would be great!

If you coudl take soem pics that woudl be even better. Maybe if you can;t geta digital camera you coudl get one of those throw aways 35mm take some pics and mail it to me for development.

thanks.
Old 04-24-2002, 05:21 PM
Registered

Good Idea, I'll use that as a back up plan if I cant get the digital from my friend.
Old 04-25-2002, 03:50 PM
Registered

Hey Puder,

I went and looked at those bolsters, they were made of all wood, and looked to be early 80's style, almost home made, but he said he thought they were out of an old scarab. They had simple hinge in the rear, and a pull chain to drop the bolster. pretty boxy looking, but overall in nice shape, the dated looking vinyl was in good gondition. If you weren't looking for a modern looking bolster, these would do the trick. I did grab a disposable camera, That I can mail you if you want them. If you want to discuss them on the phone with me give me a shout. 810-917-3140. It looked like you could disassemble it cut the wooden base off and have someone fab a base for it. ofstainless or steel and have it pudercoated or something. Alot of work, but it's an option, You might want em, you might not. The season is getting close.

Last edited by Advantage_Rob; 04-25-2002 at 04:11 PM.
Old 04-25-2002, 04:14 PM
Registered

They were $200, and they might come down. They were dated looking though, but still appeared to be sturdy and in good condition.
Old 04-25-2002, 06:08 PM

Default Not Bad

Puder, I used them in my 22ZX they are not bad they took one hell of a beating from me. The only thing I did was added a thicker board in the seat area myself because my 22 was a sit down boat. The stands are solid, The only thing I didn,t like was you have to reach under the seat and swivel to bars to drop the seat to stand up. They are put together well here are the same seats but in my 22
Attached Thumbnails what do you think of these bolsters?-donzi-wedding-2.jpg  

Quick Reply: what do you think of these bolsters?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.