Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Does anyone have info on Kensler fuel injection? >

Does anyone have info on Kensler fuel injection?

Notices

Does anyone have info on Kensler fuel injection?

Old 04-26-2010, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone have info on Kensler fuel injection?

I was looking for info on the older (97-98) Merc racing 900 engines with the Kensler fuel injection. Does anyone have any info on these engines or mabee the computer that connects to these systems? Any help would be appreciated. BTW they were de-tuned to 750 hp by Paul Phaff. I placed a call to him, but haven't heard anything yet. Thanks guys
Old 04-26-2010, 07:11 PM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Micker 31
I was looking for info on the older (97-98) Merc racing 900 engines with the Kensler fuel injection. Does anyone have any info on these engines or mabee the computer that connects to these systems? Any help would be appreciated. BTW they were de-tuned to 750 hp by Paul Phaff. I placed a call to him, but haven't heard anything yet. Thanks guys

I believe what you are talking about is what my avatar looks like.

Best place for info is to go to the guys that actually built them back then.

Dave Stiff who was a Merc guy, now works for Innovation Marine in Sarasota......that gentleman would have all your answers.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:33 PM
Registered

Or call Kinsler direct.

http://www.kinsler.com/page--Home-Page--13.html
Old 04-26-2010, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 41 Likes on 11 Posts

Not to be nosey but are these on a 38' Eliminator Eagle with 6s?
Old 04-27-2010, 07:37 AM
Registered

Thanks guys, and yes it is the Eliminator that you are talking about. Do you have any info on it?
Old 04-27-2010, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 41 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't know a ton, but when I found it early last year it was at Pharo Marine. Talked to the owner for a while, didn't seem to give me a lot of information on it. Said the boat had seen very little use, and that the Kinsler Injection made it a little fussy at times. He said after his brothers passing he'd been using his Formula exclusively and had not used the boat in years.

I intended to fly out there and take the boat out, but ended up getting railroaded by a deal on a Scarab that I ultimately ended up with.

I was in the market for a new boat early this season and again tried to find this boat, but Pharo had taken it off their site, and I had figured sold it. I didn't try to track it down after that.

I was sent numerous pictures, the boat looks absolutely FLAWLESS. Everything I could see was clean as a whistle, rigging looks amazing. There's easily $5,000 worth of A/N fittings alone.

I had called Pfaff when I first started looking at the boat. He said he thought he remembered those motors were in the old Ocean Express race boat, and that he had done a refresh and detune. I think I recall that he said that was the last time he had seen the motors (98/99).

Either way, I'd be interested in hearing what you know about it. I see you're in Stafford, I'm in Spotsylvania. You getting the boat?
Old 04-27-2010, 08:17 AM
Registered

I have a decent amount of experience with the Kinsler systems, but they've all been on drag cars running alcohol. Once they're set up, they run great. Tuning the system, however, can be a bear. There are lots and lots of mechanical adjustments (think individual throttle butterflies on each shaft that must be tweaked properly). If you find this sort of thing fun, you'll love it.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:26 AM
Registered

Thanks guys!
Old 04-27-2010, 05:02 PM
Registered

To the best of my knowledge, the mercs had an "EFI Technology Inc." ECU controlling the engine fuctions, with the kinsler "stack" intake manifold. This is completely different than the MECHANICAL kinsler injection that is often used on sprint/drag cars.

Cobra Power may have some info on both systems.

EFI Technology is still in business.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:15 PM
Registered

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...-i-engine.html

This be the said engine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.