Notices

Paxtuent River - Maryland

Old 04-24-2002, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Paxtuent River - Maryland

Looking for any OSO members that run between Solomons and Magruders Ferry. I have a Scarab I and a Baja Jet, generally run Benedict to Battle Creek, with air chair.
Old 04-25-2002, 12:38 AM
Registered

Myself, VelocityMike, BobbyB, OUTLAW29, Fandango are all from Solomons Island area, we all go up to Battle Creek(along with many perf. boaters not on the board) every weekend, and then to Tony's or Stony's for dinner and then back to tiki for the after dinner party

You have a air chair, BobbyB has a Malibu with a tower and works part time for a ski boat dealer selling Malibu, Ski Centurion, and Correct Craft
Old 04-26-2002, 05:37 PM
Registered

Thanks, Mark for the response. Hope to see some of the crowd down there. If you see an air chair or a parasail being pulled by a Baja jet or a Scarab I, stop us and say hi - that'll be me -
Hondatv (Don) and we'll party.
Old 04-26-2002, 07:44 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We venture over to the Patuxent once in a while. Spend most of our time on the Potomac. If you ever get over their give us a holler. Plenty to do and lots of performance boats.
Old 04-26-2002, 08:02 PM
Registered

Beak has been known to come over to our side but he doesn't like it over here. He thinks there's too many sailboats over here. I guess he's worried that he'll snang his beak in someone's rigging.

Beak has a sweet boat - New 35 with twin HP EFI. I have not seen it yet but it's got to be sweet. I've only seen his old 32.
Old 04-26-2002, 09:48 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Hey Outlaw...Sorry to hear about how the Tiki opening went. Had the boat hooked to the truck to come over their, and the skies opened up. Like you, I thought that was it for the evening. Around 4:30..the sun came back out..go figure. Just long enough to screw our plans up. Let me know if you guys are getting together will make it a point to come over their. Tims Rivershore bought the resturant at Fairview beach, Tims II, should be a very interesting summer.
Old 04-28-2002, 01:36 PM
Registered

Hey Beak
Lots to do on the Potomac? I have always been told that is a "boring" river. So I never came over that way, I kinda found that hard to believe but I wasn't going to go by myself and not know where to go and what to do. I love to find new places to go on the Ches. Bay. If you could let me know where you all go and when you all are there.
thanks Mark
Old 04-28-2002, 02:11 PM
Registered

Mark & Beak - It's been awhile since I've hung out around the Potomac. Used to hang out at Smallwood and Port Tobacco and run down to Capt Bill's for food or drinks. I've heard there is a tiki type bar on the VA side across from Smallwood. Don't know if these are still good spots.

Don
Old 04-28-2002, 02:45 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Hey Guys,

I make it over to the Pax a couple of times a year. Spend most of my time on the Potomac. Except for Soloman's I don't know much about Pax hot spots. Hopefully this year an OSO gathering will materialize. Last year, the weather would not cooperate.

Dave M.
Old 04-28-2002, 03:09 PM
Registered

I have a friend who lives at Golden Beach on the Patuxtent. I trailered up there last year and enjoyed it. Went down to Solomons for lunch, nice area although a little heavy on the blowbotes.
I'm planning a Checkmate gathering in July at Solomons, might as well make it an OSO gathering. I'll keep the board posted on details.

Quick Reply: Paxtuent River - Maryland

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.