Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Bobthebuilder heading back to the Islands, looking for a new adventure >

Bobthebuilder heading back to the Islands, looking for a new adventure

Notices

Bobthebuilder heading back to the Islands, looking for a new adventure

Old 05-11-2010, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey Bob, the trip sounds like a great time, I did about 10 weeks working in the bahamas this past winter, and we hit all the same spots you have gone to. if you are still down there, you should try to get into compass cay, it is only 10 minutes from Big majors, and it is by far the most pristine water in a marina I have ever seen, the sharks come up onto the dock at high tide and you can pet them. We also spent a lot of time at atlantis, hurricane hole and Highbourne cay.
Here are some of my pics of feeding the pigs at staniel cay, thunderball cave, and some others from the area.

[IMG]http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=30001782#!
/photo.php?pid=3491969&id=588044916[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=30001782#!
/photo.php?pid=3491985&id=588044916[/IMG]
Old 05-11-2010, 11:38 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

1)Bob and Hans removing prop at Highborne Cay

2)5 blade prop now a 4 blade. 3rd one I have broken in 2 years.

3)Bob in his perch bringing boat back to Nassau at idle speed with no steering.

4) Hans goofing off......again!
Attached Thumbnails Bobthebuilder heading back to the Islands, looking for a new adventure-img_2982.jpg   Bobthebuilder heading back to the Islands, looking for a new adventure-img_2986-1.jpg   Bobthebuilder heading back to the Islands, looking for a new adventure-img_2991-1.jpg  

Bobthebuilder heading back to the Islands, looking for a new adventure-img_2993-1.jpg  

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 05-11-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:43 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

1) marina guys could not believe we brought boat back 40 miles and down this fairway to lift with no steering LOL

2)in the lift at Nassau. After boat was in slings ready for lift guy tells me he has no insurance for boats over 40 ft and should he go head ? Yes !

3)fuel dock attendant. Was not sure if he was dead or having a nap. Too funny. It was 2 PM and over 90 deg and here he sleeps in the blazing sun!

4) Hans and Marc at the helm crossing the bank south of Nassau

5) boat secure at February Point Maina at Georgetown, Exumas
Attached Thumbnails Bobthebuilder heading back to the Islands, looking for a new adventure-dscn2970.jpg   Bobthebuilder heading back to the Islands, looking for a new adventure-dscn2976.jpg   Bobthebuilder heading back to the Islands, looking for a new adventure-dscn2978.jpg  

Bobthebuilder heading back to the Islands, looking for a new adventure-dscn2985.jpg   Bobthebuilder heading back to the Islands, looking for a new adventure-dscn2987-1.jpg  

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 05-11-2010 at 08:24 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice pictures Bob, show more ! You may not
want to come back north, its 41 and raining
in ohio. Have safe one.
Rick
Old 05-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob,

I love the picture of you sitting on top of the front seat bolsters, while underway. I assume Mr. Autopilot had things under control. I just read the picture caption, no steering means no Mr. Autopilot.

What an awesome adventure, and this is only the beginning.

Thank you for sharing it with us!
Old 05-11-2010, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
1)

3)fuel dock attendant. Was not sure if he was dead or having a nap. Too funny.
2 many Bahama Mama's!!!!!! Or,
Old 05-11-2010, 01:39 PM
scarab
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for sharing bob. Those pictures look awsome. Good luck and be safe. Hope you make it to T&C this time
Tim R.

Last edited by trc2; 05-11-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Bob,

Be Safe and Enjoy the trip

3: 40 is my guess
Most important part is to be Safe.
Jim
Old 05-11-2010, 08:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by AppSysCons
Bob,

I love the picture of you sitting on top of the front seat bolsters, while underway. I assume Mr. Autopilot had things under control. I just read the picture caption, no steering means no Mr. Autopilot.

What an awesome adventure, and this is only the beginning.

Thank you for sharing it with us!
At the time that pic was taken we were tracking fairly straight but that was not always the case. Auto pilot was not operational with no hydraulics. Every once in a while it would start off in another direction and I could not bring it back without pulling back on the throttles and putting one transmission in reverse to get back on course. Small adjustments were made with tabs and throttle adjustments. Once I had all of us on the starboard side of the boat to try and get back on coarse. For a laugh I held my right arm straight out the starboard side and the others did as well. Too funny. Too bad we did not have someone to take that picture. We had a lot of laughs over the few days and there were times that I felt a bit down when I saw we were not going to get all the way to Turks and Caicos on this first leg of the trip. Hans and Marc were great guys to have along as they were just happy to be on the water and would roll with any situation. It made my job a whole lot easier ! They were also a big help when there was work to do. Thank you Hans and Marc.

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 05-11-2010 at 08:13 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dammmagnum
Bob,

Be Safe and Enjoy the trip

3: 40 is my guess
Most important part is to be Safe.
Jim
Sorry Jim, but you are a couple days too late with your time !! I know you are in a different time zone but we arrived ( the first time LOL ) in Nassau at 4:20 PM on Saturday. 1bagger guessed 4 PM so looks like he won.

Yes, being safe is number one. We never felt unsafe at any time since we left. Boat is now put away until we return late next week. I am now back in Toronto and looking forward to continuing the trip / adventure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.