Merc 700's & NXT drives!!! >

Merc 700's & NXT drives!!!

Notices

Merc 700's & NXT drives!!!

Old 05-17-2010, 10:46 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

There is also a X3 Cig RR in the Michigan City Ind. area also....
Old 05-18-2010, 05:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BZ
There is also a X3 Cig RR in the Michigan City Ind. area also....
Yep really nice boat, with a classic Cig paint job!
Old 05-18-2010, 07:04 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have to say that I do not have any experience with 700NXT's, but I am very impressed with everything Ilmor sent me for my 725/Indy installation. I would at least give them a call and talk to some of their customers.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C_Spray
I have to say that I do not have any experience with 700NXT's, but I am very impressed with everything Ilmor sent me for my 725/Indy installation. I would at least give them a call and talk to some of their customers.
The Ilmor boyz R up evey year 2 Boyne Thunder, PR I help out w/!!!!
Old 05-18-2010, 11:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Sunsation
We built several F-4’s with the 700’s and NXT drives, very nice packages and had no problems with any of them, and they all ran at least 100mph. The black and green factory boat has 230 hours with only a couple small issues, but never stopped us from running, pretty good looking motors too.
Are there motors in those pics?
Old 05-18-2010, 11:15 PM
Registered

Great engine and drive combo. Really stout and robust.

However all the stock units dyno'd on third party dynos have made markedly less than 700 HP.
(dont take it up with me, but take it up with Dustin Whipple who DOES know more about the merc 700 than almost anyone)

Mechanically, stock, they are good for many hours of life - but they seem to blow engine electronic components pretty quickly. Most notably the following components PCM /IAC driver, fuel pump never on, or always on, coil driver failure, boost control valve failure......

They can be made to run much more HP with aftermarket kits they can really sing- but out of the box it is what it is.

The problem are known and adressed, but inconvenient for sure, overall its A superb package.

Uncle Dave

Last edited by Uncle Dave; 05-19-2010 at 11:57 PM. Reason: detail addition
Old 05-20-2010, 06:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave

However all the stock units dyno'd on third party dynos have made markedly less than 700 HP.
(dont take it up with me, but take it up with Dustin Whipple who DOES know more about the merc 700 than almost anyone)

Mechanically, stock, they are good for many hours of life - but they seem to blow engine electronic components pretty quickly. Most notably the following components PCM /IAC driver, fuel pump never on, or always on, coil driver failure, boost control valve failure......

They can be made to run much more HP with aftermarket kits they can really sing- but out of the box it is what it is.

The problem are known and adressed, but inconvenient for sure, overall its A superb package.

Uncle Dave
Thanx Dave!!!
Old 05-20-2010, 08:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave

Uncle Dave
Pretty much sums it up.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:15 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by SLOWRIDE-388
Fountain has a trip 47 with 700s. I heard it runs pretty good.
My neighbor just bought a triple 700sci 47 Fountain late last fall. I don't think he has run it much yet and I have not talked to him about it yet. He has place at LOTO and is keeping it there.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:38 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts
Default 700's

I have 700's in a 382. It would seem to me that you would be back to the same issue with the center drive. I don't see how it would surface. Mine runs really good when the props vent over 80. The center drive will always be buried. I would think as with bravos that it would actually slow the boat with the drag. ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.