Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Nordskog GPS speedo. "Awsome" >

Nordskog GPS speedo. "Awsome"

Notices

Nordskog GPS speedo. "Awsome"

Old 05-13-2002, 06:26 PM
NORDSKOG

MnFastBoat,
Thanks for the info on the web site, that should be fixed by now.

Madcow, we are working on perhaps dimming the lights, it is an internal solution so unfortunately a dimmer/rheostat would not work.

Mike, Part of the color for the instruments is in the face of the unit and not just from the LED. One of the other problems we have with red is that the needle is also red and becomes invisible.

Old 05-13-2002, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nordskog, I ordered an analog gps speedo, but you aparantly are having problems painting the white bezel's. Do you know when this will be resolved.
Old 05-13-2002, 06:39 PM
Registered

Mike, Part of the color for the instruments is in the face of the unit and not just from the LED. One of the other problems we have with red is that the needle is also red and becomes invisible.
NORD, I don't have no needle
I can live with the wrong color of nav. light.
I give ya a 99.3%, Mike
Old 05-13-2002, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad the installation went well and everything works. Did the top speed jive with the previous top speeds you have run in the past? Don't feel bad about your slip factor. Tach readings are commonly off 100 to 200 rpm, and a lot of props are even off a little. Mike Spinelli and I went round and round about slip factor and he claimed some prop mfgs tweaked their actual pitch to make the slip numbers look better. I turn a 29 pitch 6300 for 97.8 mph on my new GPS speedo. Thats 15% slip which some people would think is horrible. Forget about the slip, I am tickled with 97.8 MPH which is the real important number. I do plan to try some other props soon and let this GPS pay off. Later
Old 05-13-2002, 10:29 PM
Registered

Default The bad thing is I already had Beede increace

my tach 500 r's and it is still 100 shy

I agree speed is the bottom line
Old 05-18-2002, 10:43 AM
Registered

Default Nordskog Gauges !!!

Hey Nordskog,

I received my new gauges and they look great !!! Can't wait to get them in the boat.

I also had a bit of a problem with the brightness of the blue LED's at night on the GPS speedo. I assumed I could install a rheostat and wire all the "purple" wires in series. From your last post, this does not seem to be the case.

So what can I do ??? When I get all (9) gauges installed, I'm going to blind the Hubble Space Telescope !!!!!! I really need to dim these baby's down !!!!

Drop me a line.........

Regards,

Christopher Gibbons

Old 05-23-2002, 04:52 PM
NORDSKOG

Christopher, Great News! You can use a 1k Rheostat on the instruments to dim them, or a 150 ohm 2watt resistor. We ran some tests and this will create no problems

Old 05-23-2002, 09:26 PM
Registered

Default Ran my boat hard last weekend and

the tack is not so bad. At the hight end they are about the same. But remember I had Beede up it 500 r's. Barry from PA came down with his 2000 HTM SR-24. He has a motor like mine. We both dynoed about the same hp. He has a 1.36 gear and so do I. He said his boat would not plan off with a 3 b;ade with his stock drive. Mine will not plan off with a 3 blade now that I have an Imco 2" shortie. He has a labbed 28 Bravo. I have a labbed 26 Bravo. He and I both had digital Nordskog speedos. Wow what a match.
We opened them up and he ran 87.3 and I ran 88.5. That is about as close as you will get two boats.
Attached Thumbnails Nordskog GPS speedo. "Awsome"-oso.jpg  
Old 05-30-2002, 11:56 AM
Registered

Default amp draw?

For those of us who are fond of our memory recall numbers....

Can the 12v lead be wired to a terminal that is always hot so we can save the numbers until we decide to clear them?

I know given enough time it would draw down but how long does it really take? I can live with two weeks max between running the boat- usually one week max between startups.

Cat
Old 05-30-2002, 12:28 PM
Registered

mike you were incorrect on my speed. it was 87.9!!! what would be nice is the rpm memory recall that was supposed to be included when i purchased the unit. the other thing it could use is a marking to tell you if you are in mph or knots.

Quick Reply: Nordskog GPS speedo. "Awsome"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.