Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Scarab sinks at Havasu video... >

Scarab sinks at Havasu video...

Notices

Scarab sinks at Havasu video...

Old 06-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Adding a three way valve will work but what will also work is adding a T fitting somewhere in the suction line after the isolation valve with its own valve on bottom side, piece of hose to that and a foot strainer at the end of hose. Thats the set up we use on small military boats for just that purpose (Emergancy Dewatering).
Old 06-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Registered

$200 valves, three-ways....how about just carry/install an extra bilge pump? And maintain your equipment. And don't do stupid chit...like letting some chick hurl on your boat. She'd be the first one walking the plank.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by prostock85
I would have to disagree, I run twin big blocks and even with 6 people on the back it doesn't sit that low. Plus the vents, three per side (6-3" holes) only has one hose that goes directly into the blower then into the bottom of the bilge. It's possibly been modified but there are no signs of it. Mine is actually called a 27' Sport even though its 29 loa.

Either way it sucks to see anything go down as I hope never to encounter such a thing.
Uggh what part do you disagree with ?? a 27/29 Fountain w/ twin big blocks sits lower than pretty much any other boat out there same size?? That a few sunk from being anchored at the stern, it happen in MI (members on here know the boats), I said the vents do not go directly into the engine compartment? but up into the boat (however I am only familier with 1997 or newer models). I am willing to bet when loaded your rub rail is only 1-3 inches from the water line, and when taking waves from the stern they wash up onto the swim platform. I am not being a smart ass but I did work for a Fountain dealer.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TampaBeach
Uggh what part do you disagree with ?? a 27/29 Fountain w/ twin big blocks sits lower than pretty much any other boat out there same size?? That a few sunk from being anchored at the stern, it happen in MI (members on here know the boats), I said the vents do not go directly into the engine compartment? but up into the boat (however I am only familier with 1997 or newer models). I am willing to bet when loaded your rub rail is only 1-3 inches from the water line, and when taking waves from the stern they wash up onto the swim platform. I am not being a smart ass but I did work for a Fountain dealer.
I 100% understand what you mean. I wasn't disagreeing as to them sitting low, hell, I got told nearly every day "I think your boat's taking on water". I was disagreeing on the holes situation. This is the only 27/29 I've been in so I don't have anything to compare to. All I know is all the holes go directly into the engine compartment which I'm sure they have changed in the forthcoming years. I do anchor from the stern ONLY in the dead calm no wake zones. Once again, never meant it as a challenge.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by handfulz28
$200 valves, three-ways....how about just carry/install an extra bilge pump? And maintain your equipment. And don't do stupid chit...like letting some chick hurl on your boat. She'd be the first one walking the plank.
Only because your engine will pump tons more water then a second bilge pump.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by prostock85
I 100% understand what you mean. I wasn't disagreeing as to them sitting low, hell, I got told nearly every day "I think your boat's taking on water". I was disagreeing on the holes situation. This is the only 27/29 I've been in so I don't have anything to compare to. All I know is all the holes go directly into the engine compartment which I'm sure they have changed in the forthcoming years. I do anchor from the stern ONLY in the dead calm no wake zones. Once again, never meant it as a challenge.
COOL, BTW I still love the older 27/29 with twins, those boats ROCKET out of the hole. And yes on your boat I could be completely wrong, again I am only familiar with 1997 or newer models.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:40 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CigDaze
This deserves some more emphasis:

""devondebany — June 01, 2010 — Long story short, our boat sank. One of the girls puked and as they were cleaning up too many people shifted weight to the back and down she went. None of us got hurt, thank God. Never gonna forget it that's for sure.""

So, the situation would certainly lend itself to reason that they may have been a bit overloaded.

Nevertheless, I feel terrible for the guy. It's got to suck losing your boat like that. And of course, I'm glad no one's hurt and I'm sure pukey's feeling better by now.

And, am I the only one that noticed this user's other youtube videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6WvTJxeORs
After seeing the other video , looks like going down isn't such a big deal.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 195 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
Second video made me a lot more queezzzzzzyyyyy than the first, that for sure!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2010, 08:51 AM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

I watched that guys other videos....it all makes sense now.

10 mexicans partying in a single garage for new years eve...and giving each other simulated blow jobs.In front their girls no less.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
here is a pic of my 84 30' scarab with twin Big Blocks, yes it sits low but not sure it sits low enough to take water over the transom. The guy said the weight shifted in the boat, I don't buy it!
Attached Thumbnails Scarab sinks at Havasu video...-571.jpg   Scarab sinks at Havasu video...-572.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.