Like Tree0Likes

Pantera 41' Launched

Reply
Old 06-05-2010, 09:36 AM
  #31
Registered
Platinum Member
 
Comanche3Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 9,273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassman View Post
I predict boat as pictured does 96.7 - 97.2 mph


Now that's what a properly designed twin step should run like.
Comanche3Six is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:38 AM
  #32
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Naples , Ny
My Boats: 88 Cigarette cafe racer
Posts: 144
Default

Awsome! This is what ive been waiting to see!! Maybe its time to sell the old Cig and move up in size!! I think a full plessure version with a pair of Illmore v10's ! I just dont understand the 525's with 6's, I understand this combo is completly bullet proof but isnt there a ton of power loss through those big drives with those motors??
BigDadys93x is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:56 AM
  #33
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Jassman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 9,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDadys93x View Post
Awsome! This is what ive been waiting to see!! Maybe its time to sell the old Cig and move up in size!! I think a full plessure version with a pair of Illmore v10's ! I just dont understand the 525's with 6's, I understand this combo is completly bullet proof but isnt there a ton of power loss through those big drives with those motors??
It's like having a 4-5 year warranty..I put on approx 125-150 hours per year on two boats.... just do maintenance... get in turn the key...go and have some trouble free fun... thats my kind of boating.. since I sold my NorTech,,, and I do miss it..I've been using these trouble free outboards .... simply love them.. If I get back into the Go-fast crowd...which I will as soon as somebody gets going on their project...not mentioning any names BH I want it simple and stock and ready for resale....This 41 fits the bill...perfectly..
Jassman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:23 AM
  #34
Registered
 
cosmic12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Syracuse N.Y.
My Boats: Dreaming of a 32 AT
Posts: 4,951
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassman View Post
It's like having a 4-5 year warranty..I put on approx 125-150 hours per year on two boats.... just do maintenance... get in turn the key...go and have some trouble free fun... thats my kind of boating.. since I sold my NorTech,,, and I do miss it..I've been using these trouble free outboards .... simply love them.. If I get back into the Go-fast crowd...which I will as soon as somebody gets going on their project...not mentioning any names BH I want it simple and stock and ready for resale....This 41 fits the bill...perfectly..
Smart man BH? G, I wonder
cosmic12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:31 AM
  #35
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Here and There
My Boats: 36' Apache
Posts: 1,831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation View Post
The big win was last time, 261 million went to a single winner in Ohio!
I don't need the big win. A small win would fit the bill.
Heck with a big win I could get one with diesels and asd's and one with gassers and #6's and still keep the old apache and have room in the barn for all three LOL.

Without a doubt this is the best new model in a very long time from any manufacturer. Congrats to the crew at Pantera, you've got yourself a winner...
baywatch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:39 AM
  #36
OSO OG
Gold Member
 
DollaBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Blue Martini Hall of Fame
My Boats: Making hot chicks hotter since 2010
Posts: 7,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hp500efi View Post
sweet
You don't even have to throttle that thing. Just fire-wall it and have fun
DollaBill is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:45 AM
  #37
Member #154
Platinum Member
 
Indy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: SW CT & Long Island Sound
My Boats: Missing my PowerPlay
Posts: 6,756
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassman View Post
I predict boat as pictured does 96.7 - 97.2 mph
Wow...I'd have figured at least 10-15mph less.
Indy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:31 PM
  #38
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 9,589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Wow...I'd have figured at least 10-15mph less.

Me too!


They must have had Reggie run the boat! 10,500 lbs with 1050 HP running into the 90's is a Fountain formula!
Jupiter Sunsation is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:02 PM
  #39
Member #154
Platinum Member
 
Indy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: SW CT & Long Island Sound
My Boats: Missing my PowerPlay
Posts: 6,756
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation View Post
Me too!


They must have had Reggie run the boat! 10,500 lbs with 1050 HP running into the 90's is a Fountain formula!
Nah...if it were a Fountain it would be around 120

I say real world no BS speed of 83. Ain't nothing wrong with that in a 41 with 525s. BTW...that's one sharp boat, glad to see a boat with freeboard again.
Indy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 02:55 PM
  #40
The Illustrious One
Charter Member
 
sean stinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Internationally Famous
My Boats: Back on the dock!!!!!!!
Posts: 3,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation View Post
With stock 525's?
Yes......
__________________
Dying,....Is the day worth living for!!!!!!
sean stinson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:52 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.