Notices

what this boat worth

Old 06-06-2010, 03:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TampaBeach
Actually I have to agree, the boat is 26 years old?? What will it cost to get it on the water 25K - 35K and then what is it worth?? subtract the hassle of doing it. By the time you factor everything in you could go buy a complete boat that is newer

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...Meter-96867855

Newer and ready to go 29K asking ???
I'll have to agree......probably get this for $25k, could use it a few years and probably get your money back. Boats are cheap cheap right now, even ones that run.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Aren't you a bit concerned that if they had the tools out and they took the engines/exhaust there may have been a reason they left the drives on there? That trailer is not worth 5K. It is wrapped with vinyl (interesting) and probably full of rust which is why the vinyl was added (to cover it).

I know of an Apache that was purchased extremely cheap a few weeks back. Boat sat for a long time but it came back to the marina on its own power albeit one of the drives was grenaded. The deal of a lifetime just about doubled in price after the drive was replaced and a few more issues were uncovered.

This boat is not going to break 55 mph with a pair of 454's and even though it appears nice in the pictures you could easily over-improve the value and have a boat no one wants (old, heavy, non step bottom, etc.)
Thedrives are worth more thwn a bravo ,,but old..no matter if there is something wrong with them, the Trailer is aluminum..100% and worth 5 K !!!!!!! for a 12 meter 35-36 foot boat !!!!!!
Old 06-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Aren't you a bit concerned that if they had the tools out and they took the engines/exhaust there may have been a reason they left the drives on there? That trailer is not worth 5K. It is wrapped with vinyl (interesting) and probably full of rust which is why the vinyl was added (to cover it).

I know of an Apache that was purchased extremely cheap a few weeks back. Boat sat for a long time but it came back to the marina on its own power albeit one of the drives was grenaded. The deal of a lifetime just about doubled in price after the drive was replaced and a few more issues were uncovered.

This boat is not going to break 55 mph with a pair of 454's and even though it appears nice in the pictures you could easily over-improve the value and have a boat no one wants (old, heavy, non step bottom, etc.)
well the motors were out of the boat being rebuilt over the winter. The guy who owned the boat didn't have the money to pay for them when they were done. So the guy the rebuilt them keep them until he came up with the money..

well the repo guy found the boat before he had the money for the motors so that it why the motors were out
Old 06-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nuke32fever
I'll have to agree......probably get this for $25k, could use it a few years and probably get your money back. Boats are cheap cheap right now, even ones that run.
I dont think u find a 35 foot boat in running condition with #3's and an aluminum trailer for 25 k ????

The interior looks to be in real good shape and so is the hull ..the old fountains where build solid as a rock as well !
Old 06-06-2010, 03:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DareDevil
I dont think u find a 35 foot boat in running condition with #3's and an aluminum trailer for 25 k ????

The interior looks to be in real good shape and so is the hull ..the old fountains where build solid as a rock as well !

The ask price on that boat is $29,900 and people that have them for sell, want to sell them. I think getting them to $25k shouldn't be too difficult.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where is it located in MI? the background looks familiar
Old 06-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ask Reggie , just e mail him, he'll know .
Old 06-06-2010, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Didn't a similar 12meter with a pair of hp500's sell for low 20's at National Liquidators about two months ago? Would be a nice old school ride when put back together but you'll definitely be upside down in it...
Old 06-06-2010, 05:08 PM
Registered

run get one running
Old 06-06-2010, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A friend in LOTO sold a mid 80's 40 Fountain with blower motors running and complete for $15K. It needed interior, cleaned/buffed, and didn't have a trailer.

I'd be at $10K-15K without looking at it. Engines could easily cost $10K/pair and $2K/pair for trans, plus misc and install. The drives...Good Luck. Parts could be tough to find and you may have to rebuild them.

DD
I have looked all over this thread for mention of #3s or a pic and I'm just not seeing it. It must have been deleted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.