Like Tree0Likes

what this boat worth

Old 06-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Registered

My Boats: 05 Hallett 270S

Ask Reggie , just e mail him, he'll know .
Old 06-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2003 Velocity 320

Didn't a similar 12meter with a pair of hp500's sell for low 20's at National Liquidators about two months ago? Would be a nice old school ride when put back together but you'll definitely be upside down in it...
Old 06-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Registered

My Boats: 99 271 fastech 502

run get one running
Old 06-06-2010, 08:38 PM
Registered

A friend in LOTO sold a mid 80's 40 Fountain with blower motors running and complete for $15K. It needed interior, cleaned/buffed, and didn't have a trailer.

I'd be at $10K-15K without looking at it. Engines could easily cost $10K/pair and $2K/pair for trans, plus misc and install. The drives...Good Luck. Parts could be tough to find and you may have to rebuild them.

DD
I have looked all over this thread for mention of #3s or a pic and I'm just not seeing it. It must have been deleted.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:14 PM
Registered

To me when you are buying a project boat like this you have to value it like you could walk away from it when you find a big problem.

To me, I could throw 5K at it and if it looks like the point of no return it becomes a 5K scrap project. Too many unknowns on this age of boat, is the transom/stringers rotted, fuel tank leaking, is the trailer any good, are the drives (no matter what the make) usable. This is a boat you can only do a limited survey on, however if it was a boat that I could drive for 10 minutes then it takes a lot of guessing out of the purchase.

Unless the buyer has a pair of running engines and a killer set of tools (and the knowledge and time to use them) this boat is going to be a loser. Anyone remember the guy Jay that bought a running Apache used it a couple times then stripped it for a restoration/re-rig only never to get the boat wet again or that guy in California that dumped crazy money into that old Scarab/Excalibur only to have a 1/2 finished boat that he has 15-20K into but has NEVER run. This boat is one of those projects!
Old 06-06-2010, 10:24 PM
Registered

the picture link to my photobucket got screwed up i will repost the pictures in the morning
Old 06-08-2010, 01:16 AM
Registered

My Boats: 1984 Excalibur Cat

Seems like a nit of work and more money than its worth unless you enjoy up and down and up and down fixing and fighting. Its worth 30 as a complete boat. PM me for pics of mine and Ill Give you a test ride with trailer surface drives and fast.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:41 AM
Registered

My Boats: Formula FASTech 382 Sunseeker Apache 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcturbo6100 View Post
............i don't want to lose money on it.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:51 AM
Registered
Trade Score: (1)

If you are thinking about this, I will share alittle info, I took on a major project, I am still in the works of getting it on the water. For the the amount of money I currently have into it, I could have purchased a very nice and newer bigger boat. For me, it was different as this is exactly what I want in style of boat, and I am doing everything the way I like it, I am still almost 10k away from being done, and that does not include interior! Just dropping in a set of engines never goes how you think it will in your head!
Old 06-08-2010, 04:49 AM
Registered

I also look at a purchase like this as to what the boat will part-out for. The reason being, if at some point another deal comes up that I want, I can always get my money back in parts i.e. drives, gimbals, controls, engines, trans, hull, and trailer. There will always be people out there that believe they can buy a cheap hull and rig it themselves to save a bunch of money.