Mercury 700/NXT owners - be careful

Notices

Mercury 700/NXT owners - be careful

Old 06-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck
Mercury had a "bulletin" that as far as I know was never sent to customers but manufactures and service departments. This bulletin was to let dealers know that they needed stop using the number six style prop shaft single nut immediately in favor of a double nut system. In some instances this nut has backed off and resulted in lost props or even worse. Well I got to experience "the worst" first hand. I lost a $5500.00 Herring prop and broke the prop shaft. I found out about the "bulletin" after the damage. I was six weeks getting parts last summer and never was offered any assistance from Mercury Racing. The most ironic part of the story is that the previous season after winning the Lake Cumberland Poker Run a Marketing representative from Mercury Racing came up and introduced himself to me. The conversation was that he knew that we do alot of poker runs and that he appreciates us promoting the Mercury Racing product. He told me that if I ever needed anything to please get a hold of him. Man,I sure wish I had kept that business card. That letter should have been sent to ALL Mercury 700/NXT customers!!!!!!
if ya bought it new? I would think your dealer could go to bat for ya.At least a good will warranty.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.