Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Whats with all the Bashing??? >

Whats with all the Bashing???

Notices

Whats with all the Bashing???

Old 06-13-2010, 11:02 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All of the bashing stories are ONLY the ones that have been posted here on the net. Think about how many bad stories don't get posted here or anywhere else. I know of some real good ones but, they never hit the internet. Its more "word-of-mouth" with the people I hang out with and word gets around fast. IMO, the postings of people upset with their sale or service gives the other party a chance to defend itself and/or the opportunity to make things right and good. It keeps consumers and sellers on their best game because a bad deal can be called out on the internet forums.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:07 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I personally like how Team Shogren, deletes all of the posts on a certain topic, then, Just Manages To Get The LAST Word In on the subject and then its LOCKED!
Old 06-13-2010, 11:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BattleCry
I personally like how Team Shogren, deletes all of the posts on a certain topic, then, Just Manages To Get The LAST Word In on the subject and then its LOCKED!
Interesting indeed.

Jt
Old 06-14-2010, 06:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by VtSteve
Shogren's posts were pretty much agreeing with the potential customer's posts. Then, he deleted the posts, and then the bashing in this thread began. Now the other thread is closed.

Looking through the posts, it appears nobody really read about the disappointment, nor did they read Shogren's posts. It wasn't even that big a deal to begin with, except for the forgotten buyer.

Doesn't speak well.

The buyer was anxious..possibly wanting to buy a boat..but many never brought up the fact that he mentioned he has bought boats before.. they were a boat buying team as he put it...No deposit was ever put down and done over the internet...I have never bought a boat this way...pick up the fricken phone and talk to someone..we all b!tch when we call someplace to get an automated anwser .... and it gets worse for me when I have to speak to a Habeeb that wants to sell me a slurpie after the transaction...but thats another thread..

Then look at it from Shrogrens prospective.. the guy can't even take a day off with out some type of BS...yes it happens to all of us including me in my business..My problem with the whole deal was that Shogren was not even dealing with the buyer..it was a relation...You know how much more BS is involved and how things can get conscrewed.. Just my point of view.. Have a great day. Everybody go make some money so you can spend it..for the economies sake....Jeff

Last edited by Jassman; 06-14-2010 at 06:28 AM.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Understand.

JT,

Would have been more than happy to work something out with Chris however, I never discussed the boat with you, never negotiated with you, don't know you, never met you then I get to my office and I have an email blasting me and telling me you are posting it on OSO for the OSO community. Are you the one that called my office and also ripped my service manager who is not involved in sales as well or was that Chris?

Now you not Chris is the one blasting me on OSO. Sorry, I guess it should have been handled differently and I should have gotten back to Chris quicker. My apologies.

Maybe you are done now and we can all move on, life's to short and there are alot of good dealers with good deals that would like to earn/have your business. Going back and forth is not healthy and I don't want to point fingers or point blame. If I screwed up, shame on me. For all I know Chris is a great guy and could have been a great customer. If that's the case, I lose and that's my fault.

Have a great summer boating and if Chris want's a boat down the road maybe him and I can work something out.

I will not post anymore on this and will move on. Have never done this in 7 years of being in this business and have never taken a lashing like this so I hopes it's the last.

This thread is about bashing, not for you and I to go back and forth. If you want to bash/discuss, pick up the phone and call me 847-336-9037. I will be in all day after 9am CST.

Regards,

Scott Shogren

www.teamshogren.com

Originally Posted by cigarette38topgun
Scott,
If you think i bashed you then you still dont understand the whole reason i posted the thread. Disapointment is the key word and you should learn from this experience. The fact is more buyers should post good or bad feedback about the companies they have delt with. I understand you are a large dealer and a busy family man. I understand for the most part your company has good feeback, this was the whole reason we were excited this boat was at your dealership. You decided not to correct the situation and to "bow out" so here we are. I am not afraid to come out in public when i feel it is my right to voice my opinion so others can learn from this experience. You deleted your posts so others could not see the remarks and hypothetical situations you made about my uncle and myself. If anyone made the marine business look bad it was you. To say we "yelled" at your service manager is not cool because it never happend. I was involved in the transaction the whole time its just you never knew about it because i never got a chance to meet you on the day we were suppose to come. I dont plan on posting anymore on this topic unless i have to respond to another one of your posts.

Jt
Old 06-14-2010, 06:52 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Team Shogren
JT,

Would have been more than happy to work something out with Chris however, I never discussed the boat with you, never negotiated with you, don't know you, never met you then I get to my office and I have an email blasting me and telling me you are posting it on OSO for the OSO community. Are you the one that called my office and also ripped my service manager who is not involved in sales as well or was that Chris?

Now you not Chris is the one blasting me on OSO. Sorry, I guess it should have been handled differently and I should have gotten back to Chris quicker. My apologies.

Maybe you are done now and we can all move on, life's to short and there are alot of good dealers with good deals that would like to earn/have your business. Going back and forth is not healthy and I don't want to point fingers or point blame. If I screwed up, shame on me. For all I know Chris is a great guy and could have been a great customer. If that's the case, I lose and that's my fault.

Have a great summer boating and if Chris want's a boat down the road maybe him and I can work something out.

I will not post anymore on this and will move on. Have never done this in 7 years of being in this business and have never taken a lashing like this so I hopes it's the last.

This thread is about bashing, not for you and I to go back and forth. If you want to bash/discuss, pick up the phone and call me 847-336-9037. I will be in all day after 9am CST.

Regards,

Scott Shogren

www.teamshogren.com
Why dont you make right? shake hands and sell the guy the boat.done end of story!
Old 06-14-2010, 07:19 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I kinda remeber a guy crying about a boat purchased from Shogren a few years ago. He was pissed after the sale about some trailer issue I think. He came on here bashing away....and it seemed like the guy was a pain in the a@@...and didn't seem to be reasonable...If there is something that goes wrong with a trailer after the sale...I don't think raking a dealer over hot coals is the answer...but this situation was much different...and I think both stories were legitimately debated and opinions were made based on them...right or wrong it's public info and in the end it all comes out in the wash... a long history of screwing people will put you out of business...a few missed opportunities will come and go...seems shogren has a following and the past buyers will not leave,,,and the future will probably just ask a few more questions before purchase...and then make purchase if the price is right...in the end it is the price to most buyers anyway...especially on a used boat.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:33 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

It's my understanding that the whole purpose of websites like this is for communication, socialization, and exchange of information on a given topic. Within that outline is broad range of potential pitfalls. One of them is human nature and the tendency to either exagerate, or in some cases out right lie. On the other hand there are real and legitimate issues, problems and concerns that would never see the light of day in commercial print or broadcast media.

Today there is a school of thought that believes, naively perhaps, that all conversation must be "positive". This discredits legitimate criticism and paints it under the broad brush of "bashing". Certainly there are unnecesarily negative posts (see "human nature" above) that have no place on the board and it sounds like a few vendors have unfairly suffered from this. On the other hand there have been a number of nefarious vendors exposed on this same site and certainly saved unsuspecting buyers from falling into their clutches. The trick is in finding a balance that works.

I suggest that there is just as much harm in unfairly negative bias as there is in only allowing "positive" clap trap. The key is to be discriminating and logical and check your ego at the door. As far as those "professionals" who don't post on here are concerned. Many can't engage for pure corporate marketing and political reasons, others have nothing to add, and there are even a few who can't write well enough to make any sense.

T2x
Old 06-14-2010, 07:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
Why dont you make right? shake hands and sell the guy the boat.done end of story!

When you do some research on this particular boat..it has a SC..alot of boat for the coin..but we all know what that means.. when the SC fails or any of the boat faulters...is it worth that now Shogren has a bad taste in his mouth about this guy..that another thread would appear on how he sold him a POS..Just my take on it..I'd let it go.. to much damage has been done.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome post T2x.

Originally Posted by T2x
It's my understanding that the whole purpose of websites like this is for communication, socialization, and exchange of information on a given topic. Within that outline is broad range of potential pitfalls. One of them is human nature and the tendency to either exagerate, or in some cases out right lie. On the other hand there are real and legitimate issues, problems and concerns that would never see the light of day in commercial print or broadcast media.

Today there is a school of thought that believes, naively perhaps, that all conversation must be "positive". This discredits legitimate criticism and paints it under the broad brush of "bashing". Certainly there are unnecesarily negative posts (see "human nature" above) that have no place on the board and it sounds like a few vendors have unfairly suffered from this. On the other hand there have been a number of nefarious vendors exposed on this same site and certainly saved unsuspecting buyers from falling into their clutches. The trick is in finding a balance that works.

I suggest that there is just as much harm in unfairly negative bias as there is in only allowing "positive" clap trap. The key is to be discriminating and logical and check your ego at the door. As far as those "professionals" who don't post on here are concerned. Many can't engage for pure corporate marketing and political reasons, others have nothing to add, and there are even a few who can't write well enough to make any sense.

T2x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.