Like Tree0Likes

Boat Photographer Series

Reply
Old 06-19-2010, 10:28 AM
  #1
Correspondent
Correspondent
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,342
Default Boat Photographer Series

Hey guys,

I thought you might enjoy this four-part series on go-fast boat photographers. Here's part one, http://features.boats.com/boat-conte...ht-shooters-1/.

I'll post the others to this thread as they publish online. The other three shooters features are Jeff Gerardi, Jay Nichols and Tim Sharkey.

Enjoy (I hope).
Matt Trulio is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:03 AM
  #2
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member
 
SHARKEY-IMAGES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Sharkey-Images.com
Posts: 19,671
Thumbs up

Thank you Matt !
__________________
www.TimSharkey.com/

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
SHARKEY-IMAGES is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:36 AM
  #3
Correspondent
Correspondent
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,342
Default

Here's the next installment in the series, featuring Jay Nichols, http://features.boats.com/boat-conte...2-jay-nichols/
Matt Trulio is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 02:05 PM
  #4
naplesimage.com
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
jayboat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: SWFloridaH2O
My Boats: Every One In Sight
Posts: 18,213
Default

Thanks, Matt! Very nice.
__________________
Roostertail does not lie.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
jayboat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 02:21 PM
  #5
Registered
 
Catastrophe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,936
Default

If Jay submitted that shot of himself Im honoured that he chose an instant in his life that he had a smile on his face because he was with good friends.

Catastrophe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 04:10 PM
  #6
Correspondent
Correspondent
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,342
Default

This was such a fun story to research and write because you guys are all so different—and have such different takes. Jay, you are the first shooter I've met who prefers the level perspective. And your work rocks. Sharkey (he's coming up soon), Gerardi (also soon) and Brown (just posted on Friday) like the helicopters, though Brown doesn't like it when there are lots of them in the air.

Bottom line: I learned a lot. And that makes it fun. I'll post the Gerardi and Sharkey links on this thread as the publish.
Matt Trulio is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 05:37 PM
  #7
naplesimage.com
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
jayboat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: SWFloridaH2O
My Boats: Every One In Sight
Posts: 18,213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Trulio View Post
This was such a fun story to research and write because you guys are all so different—and have such different takes. Jay, you are the first shooter I've met who prefers the level perspective. And your work rocks. Sharkey (he's coming up soon), Gerardi (also soon) and Brown (just posted on Friday) like the helicopters, though Brown doesn't like it when there are lots of them in the air.

Bottom line: I learned a lot. And that makes it fun. I'll post the Gerardi and Sharkey links on this thread as the publish.
Let's clarify that a bit, Matt.

I prefer shooting races from the beach.

Poker runs are a whole nuther thing.

Thanks again!
__________________
Roostertail does not lie.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
jayboat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 05:38 PM
  #8
naplesimage.com
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
jayboat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: SWFloridaH2O
My Boats: Every One In Sight
Posts: 18,213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catastrophe View Post
If Jay submitted that shot of himself Im honoured that he chose an instant in his life that he had a smile on his face because he was with good friends.

Love your style, bud.
__________________
Roostertail does not lie.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
jayboat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 05:49 PM
  #9
Registered
 
Catastrophe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,936
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayboat View Post
Love your style, bud.
Ditto bud

Now lets get back to the business of

Sunkin Owns Serious
Catastrophe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:17 PM
  #10
Correspondent
Correspondent
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayboat View Post
Let's clarify that a bit, Matt.

I prefer shooting races from the beach.

Poker runs are a whole nuther thing.

Thanks again!
Point clarified and understood. That makes perfect sense.
Matt Trulio is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.