Like Tree0Likes

Oil spill in the gulf of Mexico

Old 05-27-2010, 10:48 PM
Registered

My Boats: Formula FASTech 382 Sunseeker Apache 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
"The ocean will take care of this on its own if it was left alone and left out there," Limbaugh said. "It's natural. It's as natural as the ocean water is."
Wow.....I didn't realize he was THAT ignorant. What a tool.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
"The ocean will take care of this on its own if it was left alone and left out there," Limbaugh said. "It's natural. It's as natural as the ocean water is."
Anal Cyst Limpwrist is a fool.

There are huge masses of underwater oil, miles long, miles wide and hundreds of feet deep in the Gulf right now. You can't see them from the surface; Sonar found them. We need the supertankers to come and vacuum the clumps up. The ocean sure as hell will not disperse them.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:40 AM
Registered

Quote:
The thing that really gets me is the people that call in and believe the S*** that he spills out.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:52 PM
Banned

Default Phillippe Cousteau dives the oil

MUCH worse than anyone knew...

http://acp.repoweramerica.org/page/i..._content=link1
Old 05-28-2010, 10:54 PM
Registered

My Boats: HTM SR24

Quote:
When did he say that?
Old 05-29-2010, 12:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbanzer View Post
When did he say that?
Last week. Olbermann and Maddow both ran the tape.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:48 AM
Registered

My Boats: 32 Dakota w/ 250 Yamaha OX66

I listen to Rush and sometimes he has good ideas and sometimes he's a complete tool that doesnt know when to shut up, I dont think there is a person out there that I agree 100% with their opinion, I tend to listen to all sides and make up my own mind. and I'm not saying there are two sides to this mess, it sounds like the parties involved made some bad decisions and chose profit over safety.

btw, if your getting all your facts from madow and Olberman you might be missing the rest of the conversation, they tend to clip the parts that make good sound bites.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:50 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

My Boats: Being a great husband and dad , boats , golf

http://globalwarming.house.gov/spillcam
Old 05-29-2010, 08:05 AM
Registered

We have a large half-page article in our newspaper about this local polititian today, a left wing newspaper. I fear you have to mobilise the foreign newspapers as a kind of weapon when you want to get your government under the thumb in this case. Try lawsuits, the bad press during lawsuits is feared. Thats all looking very strange. You will not look like US-american fools when you make it clear that there is a large resurrection of US-american non-fools from all US-parties, dont listen to this stupid stuff that the Europeans are all anti-americanistic. I am going to post more links to online forums of european newspapers.

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/person-week...ry?id=10773765

Last edited by ducktail; 05-29-2010 at 08:16 AM.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:57 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100528/...pill_new_plume

"By MATTHEW BROWN and JASON DEAREN, Associated Press Writers – Fri May 28, 10:31 am ET
NEW ORLEANS – A thick, 22-mile plume of oil discovered by researchers off the BP spill site was nearing an underwater canyon, where it could poison the foodchain for sealife in the waters off Florida.
The discovery by researchers on the University of South Florida College of Marine Science's Weatherbird II vessel is the second significant undersea plume reported since the Deepwater Horizon exploded on April 20. The plume is more than 6 miles wide and its presence was reported Thursday.
The cloud was nearing a large underwater canyon whose currents fuel the foodchain in Gulf waters off Florida and could potentially wash the tiny plants and animals that feed larger organisms in a stew of toxic chemicals, another researcher said Friday.
Larry McKinney, executive director of the Harte Research Institute for Gulf of Mexico Studies at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, said the DeSoto Canyon off the Florida Panhandle sends nutrient-rich water from the deep sea up to shallower waters.
McKinney said that in a best-case scenario, oil riding the current out of the canyon would rise close enough to the surface to be broken down by sunlight. But if the plume remains relatively intact, it could sweep down the west coast of Florida as a toxic soup as far as the Keys, through what he called some of the most productive parts of the Gulf.
The plume was detected just beneath the surface down to about 3,300 feet, said David Hollander, associate professor of chemical oceanography at USF.
Hollander said the team detected the thickest amount of hydrocarbons, likely from the oil spewing from the blown out well, at about 1,300 feet in the same spot on two separate days this week.
The discovery was important, he said, because it confirmed that the substance found in the water was not naturally occurring and that the plume was at its highest concentration in deeper waters. The researchers will use further testing to determine whether the hydrocarbons they found are the result of dispersants or the emulsification of oil as it traveled away from the well. ::snip::"