Notices

Oil spill in the gulf of Mexico

Old 06-03-2010, 04:26 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

http://www.nola.com/news/gulf-oil-sp...ill_anima.html
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 06-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for that link GD. Look at the spread on May 8, see that hugs eastern bulge? The next day it was gone poof! How could something that big disappear unless it sank down close to the sea floor??
Old 06-05-2010, 08:47 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Pensacola oil

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_gulf_oil_spill

"A cap placed over the gusher was collecting only a fraction of the oil, which had stained beaches with a waxy mess of tar balls and created an usual orange foam in the surf.
In Gulf Shores, Ala., wooden boardwalks leading to beachfront hotels are spotted with oil from beachgoers' feet, and some condominiums were providing solvents for guests smeared with the brown goo. At Pensacola Beach, the retreating high tide left an orange stain in its wake.
Erin Tamber moved to the beach area after surviving Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans, where she had lived for 30 years.
"I feel like I've gone from owning a piece of paradise to owning a toxic waste dump," she said as she inspected the beach Saturday morning.
Meanwhile, President Barack Obama pledged Saturday in his weekly radio and Internet address to fight the spill with the people of the Gulf Coast. His words for oil giant BP PLC were stern: "We will make sure they pay every single dime owed to the people along the Gulf coast."
Thus far, BP has failed to significantly stem the worst spill in U.S. history. The government's point man for the crisis, Coast Guard Adm. Thad Allen, guessed early Friday that the cap was collecting 42,000 gallons a day — less than one-tenth of the amount leaking from the well. Later in the day, BP said in a tweet that since it was installed Thursday night, it had collected about 76,000 gallons."
Old 06-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Deepwater Horizon Employee: "Are You F%*^ing Happy? The Rig's On Fire! I Told You This Was Gonna Happen!"

Harsh words from an employee who happened to be on the Deepwater Horizon rig when it blew up back on April 20th.

Mother Jones discusses how lawyer Tony Buzbee has obtained a signed statement from a sailor who was rescuing workers from the disaster. What they said is beyond belief. Seriously.

The sailor, who Buzbee refuses to name for fear of costing him his job, was on the ship's bridge when Deepwater Horizon installation manager Jimmy Harrell, a top employee of rig owner Transocean, was speaking with someone in Houston via satellite phone. Buzbee told Mother Jones that, according to this witness account, Harrell was screaming, "Are you ****ing happy? Are you ****ing happy? The rig's on fire! I told you this was gonna happen."

Whoever was on the other end of the line was apparently trying to calm Harrell down. "I am ****ing calm," he went on, according to Buzbee. "You realize the rig is burning?"

At that point, the boat's captain asked Harrell to leave the bridge. It wasn't clear whether Harrell had been talking to Transocean, BP, or someone else.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/deepw...#ixzz0qBKzYx6c
Old 06-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Spewing into the black lagoon

I think this will be the worst man made disaster in the history of our planet. This is the beginning of the end of paradise! In the next few months the Gulf of Mexico will become the Black Lagoon. The atlantic Seaboard will be awash in crude by Thanksgiving. The Federal Government is clueless and worried more about thier agenda than our country's way of life.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Attached Thumbnails Oil spill in the gulf of Mexico-27863_1294516250201_1449151576_30698415_1030870_n.jpg  
Old 06-07-2010, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Where are the oil slingers that Kevin Costners company was developing? I was under the impression they had the capacity to capture the entire amount of oil being leaked to the surface.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default All Talk, No Action!!

The only way to get anything done is to hit BP, TransOcean and whomever else has accountability the only place that will get their undivided attention: their wallets!

I think Obama and his people are just like Bush and his people were during Katrina; deer in the headlights..... I wonder if they realize the power they have........

I say hit them hard, say $25M per day in fines for the first 5 days. If they do not have the well stopped in 5 days, the fine goes to $50M per day for the next 5 days. If it is still pushing oil by day 10, it goes to $100M per day for 5 days, and so on and so on.............

They should also be fined for doing the damage they already have done and not by Obama presenting a symbolic $70M invoice that will never be paid but I mean HUGE money to compensate all of the people who are suffering at no fault of their own.

The problem with that is the way this country works, it'll be many years before anyone who is getting hurt now see's any money. Much to late to save these peoples livelyhoods and ways of life.

And the people responsible for making the bad decisions that resulted in this f*%king mess should be locked up; especially that pri(k CEO from BP.

Flordai will never be the same.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by iamjoe
The only way to get anything done is to hit BP, TransOcean and whomever else has accountability the only place that will get their undivided attention: their wallets!

I think Obama and his people are just like Bush and his people were during Katrina; deer in the headlights..... I wonder if they realize the power they have........

I say hit them hard, say $25M per day in fines for the first 5 days. If they do not have the well stopped in 5 days, the fine goes to $50M per day for the next 5 days. If it is still pushing oil by day 10, it goes to $100M per day for 5 days, and so on and so on.............

They should also be fined for doing the damage they already have done and not by Obama presenting a symbolic $70M invoice that will never be paid but I mean HUGE money to compensate all of the people who are suffering at no fault of their own.

The problem with that is the way this country works, it'll be many years before anyone who is getting hurt now see's any money. Much to late to save these peoples livelyhoods and ways of life.

And the people responsible for making the bad decisions that resulted in this f*%king mess should be locked up; especially that pri(k CEO from BP.

Flordai will never be the same.
The EPA has the power to impose a $5,000 per barrel fine for every barrel they spill. The current spill rate estimates range from 20,000 to 30,000 barrels a day - do the math and that's $100,000,000.oo a day on the low end or $3 Billion a month. The question is, Does the EPA give volume discounts?

The real money will come in the form of liability and clean up.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:03 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Senator Nelson says the wellbore has been pierced

And the news keeps getting worse and worse.

http://www.floridaoilspilllaw.com/se...ultiple-places

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.