Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
HELP! Interior Stains that will not come out!!! >

HELP! Interior Stains that will not come out!!!

Notices

HELP! Interior Stains that will not come out!!!

Old 06-21-2010, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get some oxy clean and make a paste,rub it in and let it sit for about 20 mins the wash off. I have also heard the Gojo for cleaning your hands works well. Good luck.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like to use Goo Gone or a combo of Leverage interior vinyl cleaner and goo gone and the Magic Eraser. If you already blasted it with every chemical in your garage, I would take some soft scrub, "GENTLY" scrub down with the Miracle Eraser, if it does not take it out completely, take a big sponge, wet it, and leave it on top of the stain overnight. This will not take out the stain, however, it will prep it for the sunlight. Leave the stain uncovered for a week in the sunlight and you should be fine.

I think the Magic Eraser will take it out, if not, a combo with the sun will.

Good Luck
Old 06-21-2010, 07:50 PM
Registered

Try Spray Nine, get it in Home Depot.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Freeryd

I'm at a complete loss!
we have known that 4 a long X Bubba! If U would have just put the towel under Jess like I told ya 2!!!!
Old 06-21-2010, 08:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
we have known that 4 a long X Bubba! If U would have just put the towel under Jess like I told ya 2!!!!
ya know, just once id like to post something and have you NOT give me your 1/2 a cent!!!
Old 06-21-2010, 08:24 PM
Registered

ya know, just once id like to post something and have you NOT give me your 1/2 a cent!!!
Old 06-21-2010, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey guys-
I've got some stains on a white vinyl interior that won't come out! It's on the sundeck and very noticeable.
From what i can tell, the stains are from green leaves and green buds from trees that fell onto it when the cover was pulled back 1 night. The stains and cover got wet, and was covered outside for 2 weeks before i noticed it, not nothing seems to work. Here's what i've tried......

Simple green full strength
Orange Blast full strength
Soft Scrub w/bleach
Windex
Magic Erasers
Rolloff
Mildew and stain remover
Dish Soap

I'm basically out of options, and the boat is being viewed this coming weekend for a possible sale! I believe the stains have actually dyed the vinyl to this nasty greenish/yellow. None of the spots are big (diameter of pencil or so), but there has gotta be 150-200 of these little dots/streaks across the entire sundeck. Please HELP!
Well I bet you have taken the vinyl's UV coating right off with trying all that.

I know I know..been their and am now spending $3k on new interior vinyl because I used Magic Eracers on my vinyl and about 3 months later the eats started to turn black n blue when covers and orange out in the sun.

Nothing but soap and water and a coating of 303 from now on.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:28 PM
Registered

p:
Originally Posted by wrinkleface
Old 06-21-2010, 11:11 PM
Registered

I used vinyl dye from spray cans on one of my boats and it worked very well. I don't remember what brand I used but I think they are probably all about the same. It took 8 cans to do a 19 ft jet boat. I still have that boat. It's been parked inside and rarely used but still looks pretty good 10 years later.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:18 PM
Registered

i just did a Baja 226 sport for a guy 5 weeks ago and he had the same thing happen from leaves. I'm taking one of the small seats out and sending to my supplier so they can get with the maker of the vinyl to see what it.....they said since the stuff is less than 8 weeks old more than likely they will warranty it is. I'll keep ya updated on what they say (if the guy ever brings his boat to me so i can make a replacement seat for the one we are sending out to get looked at)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.