Like Tree0Likes

Outerlimits Adding 28- and 36-footers

Reply
Old 02-20-2011, 10:44 AM
  #81
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: LI, New York
Posts: 1,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassman View Post
325k for a 30' was just too much ..the OL will be considerably less, if I remeber reading under 200k.
Correct. Thats what Fred told me.
Mastercraft240 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:23 PM
  #82
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Roswell, Ga
My Boats: Missing my Cigarette
Posts: 975
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Bongo View Post
Cig built and sold a lot of 28 and 31 foot boats in the past, but when you build them and try and charge the same as a 35 or even close to a 38 it doesn't work. They even sold quite a few 20's. And they were not built like the 38's back then, at least the couple I have seen.

If done to a production boat standard they should sell, heck where else you going to go today and get a 28 - 32 offshore boat. plus when the market does turn they at least have the option.

There are so few builders with entry level models anymore the sport is killing itself, JMHO, YMMV
yea Skip, you need to listen, why not the 20 or the 30?
twin screws is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:33 PM
  #83
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Roswell, Ga
My Boats: Missing my Cigarette
Posts: 975
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdowns View Post
Ugly paint? You may need to have your eyes checked..
cdowns, most of thr new Cigs look like a re-newed Macdonalds all over them, maybe you need your eyes checked.
twin screws is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:45 PM
  #84
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Smarty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Pitman, NJ
My Boats: Boatless
Posts: 2,267
Default

Consider this:

Here is a proven winner (hull), that Will Smith hopes to have run near 100mph with twin 300XS outboards (hopefully), for just over 100K, on the trailer, dialed in.

2011 30' Phantom outboard version;

or go the IO route pictured below.
Attached Thumbnails
Outerlimits Adding 28- and 36-footers-2011phantom30.jpg   Outerlimits Adding 28- and 36-footers-2011phantomb.jpg   Outerlimits Adding 28- and 36-footers-io.jpg  


Last edited by Smarty; 02-20-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Smarty is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:54 PM
  #85
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
Consider this:

Here is a proven winner (hull), that Will Smith hopes to have run near 100mph with twin 300XS outboards (hopefully), for just over 100K, on the trailer, dialed in.

2011 30' Phantom outboard version;

or go the IO route pictured below.
Interesting addition- Sutphen hulls are certainly proven, but this particular inboard example does not show us what the interior is like, plus it looks like its setup for lake vs. ocean running with a 6 blade prop.

My identical maybe better drive teague platinum held up 52 hours of ocean running behind an ilmor 710 before getting nasty looking magnet shavings- a 6 blade prop would likely shred the drive way earlier than that.

There doesnt seem to be a way for one to get off - on the boat from the water.
It has no swimstep or molding in the transom.

Swimming is a big part of what we do on the hot dessert lakes here in the West and boats with no provision to get in or out of the water are a pain, and boats with protruding "stuff" and non-closable cleats all over them guarantee someone gets cut or bruised getting in and out.

Im really interested in what each manufacturer can pack into a 28 or 30ft boat for say 150-200K- for the whole package.

What kind of interior amenities, nav systems, stereo, screens, engine package & drive do you get for about 150K 175K- who gives you the most?


Uncle Dave

Last edited by Uncle Dave; 02-21-2011 at 03:05 PM. Reason: spelling, clarity
Uncle Dave is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:11 PM
  #86
Registered
 
AIR TIME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: EASTON MA.
My Boats: BAJA OL 650HP/ SABER 28 Gellner unlimited with konrad ace
Posts: 6,281
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Dave View Post
Interesting addition- Sutphen hulls are certainly proven, but this particular inboard example does not show us what the interior is like, plus it looks like its setup for lake vs. ocean running with a 6 blade prop.

My identical maybe better drive teague platinum held up 52 hours of ocean running behind an ilmor 710 before getting nasty looking magnet shavings- a 6 blade prop would likely shred the drive way earlier than that.

There doesnt seem to be a way for one to get off - on the boat from the water.
It has no swimstep or molding in the transom.

Swimming is a big part of what we do on the hot dessert lakes here in the West and boats with no provision to get in or out of the water are a pain, and boats with protruding "stuff" and non-closable cleats all over them guarantee someone gets cut or bruised getting in and out.

Im really interested in what each manufacturer can pack into a 28 or 30ft boat for say 150-200K- for the whole package.

What kind of interior amenities, nav systems, stereo, screens, engine package & drive do you get for about 150K 175K- who gives you the most?


Uncle Dave
Hi UD
hey for that much money SUTPHEN or SABER will build you one hell of a boat. sut 31 or 28saber. a friend has a 31 or 32 sutphen custom built with 900 hp doing mid 90s and will run with the 35s and 38s in 5 to 6 footers been there in the boat when the opa race in cape cod was canceled in about 05. we dropped in 10 miles away and drove 65 to 75 gps in 30 plus winds 5 plus seas three sutphens a 82 30 blown big blocks a 05 31 with 800hp and a 34 with big power. the CG called off the races cause of waves and wind the 02 race that Iwas in was a lot rougher there but CG rules. anyway there boats are big same with saber its a big hull. there not lake boats. for a 120,000 you should be well set up with a big single or twin small blocks full cabin. I have seen 2 of the 05 sutphens and both wetre near that price. going 85 and 90.
AIR TIME is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:12 PM
  #87
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member
 
Cash Bar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: On the way to a PR near you
My Boats: 2009 Skater 3212- Mad Props-- 27' Conceot CC t/275VRods
Posts: 11,958
Default

The new Hustler 29' Rockit seems pretty bad ass for $175k w a 525. 85+ mph and a true standup boat.
__________________
Your OSO connection to great S. Florida Real Estate.
www.gregsellswaterfront.com
Cash Bar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:19 PM
  #88
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash Bar View Post
The new Hustler 29' Rockit seems pretty bad ass for $175k w a 525. 85+ mph and a true standup boat.
Got a link with real data? It sounds interesting.

175K sounds pretty heavy for a 525 boat.

85 - even 90 have been done on 28ft 525 boats but with what kind of amenities and interior?

was that 85 filled with gas and people? (doubt it)

I cant seem to find any real measurements - hustler says its got the biggest cockpit in its class, but whats the cockpit depth?

Whats molded in and what an interior piece added on?

Very curious.

How are you Art? Good to hear from you!

Uncle Dave

Last edited by Uncle Dave; 02-21-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Uncle Dave is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:28 AM
  #89
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 2,203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageman28 View Post
OUTERLIMITS are not the only ones, we at RAGE powerboats in conn. have purchaed all the ACTIVATOR molds. We have also added a brand new 28 to the line. The 2nd one is on the floor,1st one is painted and 2 weeks from splash. Web site in 2 weeks.
Wow. So Activator in L.I. is not making boats anymore?
ActiveFun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:26 PM
  #90
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: anywhere I want, right Mother?
Posts: 52
Default

A 29 Hustler? Curious...
Norman Bates is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.