Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Thank you to everyone who attended the 2010 NJPPC Atlantic City Poker Run! >

Thank you to everyone who attended the 2010 NJPPC Atlantic City Poker Run!

Notices

Thank you to everyone who attended the 2010 NJPPC Atlantic City Poker Run!

Old 07-06-2010, 11:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you to everyone who attended the 2010 NJPPC Atlantic City Poker Run!

The winners were:
1st Place - Tony Frisina
Spectre Powerboats & Frisini Motorsports

2nd Place - Dave & Judy Redding
38' Cigarette Top Gun

3rd Place - Rich Cuny
32' Fountain Lightning

Tim Sharkey covered the event from start to finish with 1,300 photos or the 46 boats that attended! www.sharkey-images.com

Thanks to Tim's dedication and countless hours of work, we can enjoy and re-live th memories from the weekend. It also allows those who were not there a chance to see some of the action as well!

I also want to take a moment to thank everyone who attended this year's event. Many times you receive a few dozen emails before the event but receive nothing after. I think a brief THANK YOU from myself is the least I can do to thank you for helping make our event a success once again.

Our final boat count was 46 boats which in this economic environment I think was an excellent turnout, especially with the event being in it's 13th year. The weather was absolutely perfect and so was the water in the ocean as well as in the bay.

Somethings good things that I took notice to:
* Everyone was great coming into the Lobster Shanty in the morning. Docking up that many boats in a small area is no easy task!
* Both groups (especially the Outside Group led by Anthony Sauta & Sal Sciandra) did a fantastic job of showing restraint in Barnegat Bay and ran nicely together
* The new "Dock Party" concept was well recieved. I would say that 70% of the boats that came into Trump Marina opened up a cooler and had some food and adult beverages. Living the "boating lifestyle" when the boats were put away for the day
* The generosity of several people during the dinner who bid on the few auction items that we had as well as the 50/50. A 50/50 that's prize is in excess of $1000 is pretty strong! The Chanel watch donated by Rich Cuny also has a very nice new home!

As mentioned on Friday morning, there were alot of new faces. Many of those new faces came up to me in Atlantic City and said they had a great time and they really enjoyed meeting some of the club "regulars."

A few problem items were that Trump Marina had a few issues with slip assignments. The problem there is it only takes 1 boat to take someone's slip and it is like dominoes! I think we were able to get those issues worked out pretty quickly. Trump's front desk had alot of issues with room reservations when we first arrived. We have been working with the same contact year after year. I can only assume somewhere internally there was a communication breakdown for any changes that were made the week of the poker run. I will have to triple and quadruple check that next year!

I hope that you will join us for more events this year. We have alot of summer left and we have some great stuff planned (NJPPC Raft Up, Shore Dreams, Roar At The Shore Poker Run as well as the new 28' and Under Black Jack Poker Run.)

If you have a minute or two, and feel inclined to do so, please send me an email and share your thoughts on the Atlantic City Poker Run (especially the new participants). My email is [email protected] . Your feedback will help us make this event as well as our other events better. Positive and negative feedback is welcome.

I hope you had a great 4th of July weekend and I hope to see you again this summer!

Best Regards,
Dave Patnaude
President
NJ Performance Powerboat Club
Old 07-07-2010, 08:14 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up

Thank you Dave and to the many of you that participated in the Pre-Sale Photo Package Offers... This was something done for the 1st time from Sharkey-Images at an NJPPC event and it was welcomed greatly by so many.

I look forward to the rest of the season......

See ya then !

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 07-08-2010, 06:45 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hmmm.... "Dock Party"? Sounds like a good idea for the August Chesapeake Rendezvous!
Old 07-08-2010, 09:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

What a great weekend! Thanks to Dave and all the NJPPC friends who made it such a memorable weekend! There are a few hazy spots from Friday night but I think Mr. Patron had something to do with that!