Notices

howard bullet

Old 07-11-2010, 01:36 PM
Chris
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really like the Howards... and definately think that Howard needs its own forum.

I think they probably make the fastest single engined v-hull in the 25 and 28 bullets.

But...

88-89 mph for the 36 with twin 525's isn't remarkable. Doesn't the 35 fountain do over 100 with 525's? I also believe that there are a couple of other brands pushing mid to high 90's with twin 525's.

Any thoughts?

Chris

P.S. Howards new line of cats look awsome!
Old 07-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CB-BLR
I really like the Howards... and definately think that Howard needs its own forum.

I think they probably make the fastest single engined v-hull in the 25 and 28 bullets.

But...

88-89 mph for the 36 with twin 525's isn't remarkable. Doesn't the 35 fountain do over 100 with 525's? I also believe that there are a couple of other brands pushing mid to high 90's with twin 525's.

Any thoughts?

Chris

P.S. Howards new line of cats look awsome!

Chris I think 88-89 is very good. Yes I have heard of some fast fountains, etc. 100+MPH with 525's not sure about that, but either way most times the big number people hear about are with the boat striped down, low fuel, pro driver, good water, etc. When we ran the boat there was 4 of us "big guys" 3/4 tanks of fuel, gear for a weekend on the lake. I sure there is more MPH in prop changes alone for that boat. It was set up as a family boat for the owner IE acceleration and drive ability. Not top speed. But yes I agree Howard needs there own section! Hello OSO!!
Old 07-12-2010, 10:01 PM
Chris
Gold Member

I have been in a 35 fountain.. side by side engine configuration.. with dual 525's.. 3/4 tank of fuel.. four guys.. fully functional berth with sink, porta poti etc ... at 96 mph on GPS. This was not a stripped down boat... it was fully loaded. It is my understanding that the staggered engined boats are faster than the side by side engined boats, and that fountain certifies the speeds along with where to set up the outdrive trims, trim tabs, fuel level, and with what prop at what rpm to acheive their documented speed on every boat.

Don't get me wrong... I am not a fountain fan... I just think their production boats are generally hella fast, and that they do a lot of testing and documentation.

Chris

P.S. **** HOWARD NEEDS ITS OWN FORUM PLEASE!! ****

Last edited by CB-BLR; 07-12-2010 at 10:03 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:42 PM
Registered

Wink

[QUOTE=CB-BLR;3156903]I have been in a 35 fountain.. side by side engine configuration.. with dual 525's.. 3/4 tank of fuel.. four guys.. fully functional berth with sink, porta poti etc ... at 96 mph on GPS. This was not a stripped down boat... it was fully loaded. It is my understanding that the staggered engined boats are faster than the side by side engined boats, and that fountain certifies the speeds along with where to set up the outdrive trims, trim tabs, fuel level, and with what prop at what rpm to acheive their documented speed on every boat.

Don't get me wrong... I am not a fountain fan... I just think their production boats are generally hella fast, and that they do a lot of testing and documentation.

Chris

Thats fast (for the power) and yes staggered vs side X side will always handle & run a bigger top end number. I don't see many Fountains out here on the lakes we normally boat. So I cant say as too how they run or handle. IMO thats probably because most west coast boat buyers are like me. We want it are way! Not how Reggie / the factory wants to send them out. IE custom gel, interior, stereo, motor & drive packages hell the list as you know goes on & on. And by the way who wants a ugly chrome rail all around the bow of there boat anyway?

OSO were is the Howard thread??
Old 07-22-2010, 05:08 PM
Banned

I think you Howard owners should send Admin emails requesting your forum.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
I think you Howard owners should send Admin emails requesting your forum.
Good call!