Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Which was better SBI Miami/APBA Daytona (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/23442-better-sbi-miami-apba-daytona.html)

Pete B 05-01-2002 09:37 PM

good point "Too Old", last year at the worlds a a potential fan said pretty much the same thing he was curious about some things with a certain boat and the team didnt give him the time of day., i explained maybe they were busy , he explained no they were sitting around drinking beers. after watching and talking with the guy about the several classes that were racing at once, he thanked me for explaining it all. i would say if your in anyway with a team you should always have time for a fan or potenial fan.
it is that , that will bring the sport to the next level. as for meeting the teams, i dont think the average joe knows who's who
let the fans mingle in the pits between certain hours and have the teams make someone available. as for t-shirts and things for sale+ look at nascar.

Treadwellmotorsports 05-01-2002 09:49 PM

i agree 100%. when i am in the pit's i have learned to try harder in talking to people the best i can. what i was trying to say was that with more racer's, there all not going to talk. not for snobish reason's but for many reason we may never know. so the rest of us talkitave racers will have to take up the slac.

i used to be a fan to, until they get to know you then they truly start talkin. i used to wander around the pit's. some will talk and some won't. not all the nacar guy's are cheery. some of them don't have the time of day.

but all in all i believe that most of us are easy to deal with. to the fans if there are any problems please call us on it. if anybody ever has a problem or needs to find somthing come find in the pit's i will do my best to help.

treadwell

T2x 05-01-2002 09:55 PM

Treadwell:

Two years ago I would have been more agreeable with your point.... However, SBI is bigger now than it was then...and APBA is smaller..... Point is once again under APBA's "new dynamic leadership" the two groups are becoming more equal in numbers......... again. This is bad news as both continue to have enough boats to hang on and justify existence....... but not enough to excel...... hence, the diluted fields at both events.

Super Cat had tremendous potential........ First race in San Diego 2000 12-15 boats......... This year 8......and mostly disgruntled at blatantly commercialized rules that forced junk like Demon Carburetors, and non-sensical sponsor biased "homologations" on them. You're currently an APBA fan and a disillusioned SBI racer........ There are others wearing the opposite hat........ This has gone on since before you were here and will end, sadly long after you and your eager but misplaced loyalty is gone....... .What's the point?.......... There is none..... other than some ego's and a burning desire to burn every bridge ever constructed..........again.......

As to my loyalties, I don't particularly care if either side wins..... Actually, I just wish the entire current group would fade away, before everybody loses.

Deal with it.......

T2x

C_Spray 05-01-2002 10:07 PM

Woo-Hoo!! That does it! The gloves are off now - I'm going out for a six-pack and big bowl of popcorn. Today's double-header is:

1) SBI supporters vs. APBA supporters.
2) T2x vs. the Misguided and Uniformed Universe of Darkness

(Neither one really seems like a fair fight, though....)

Treadwellmotorsports 05-01-2002 10:19 PM

tx2

are you just a pain i n everone's ass or what. i am very far from disallussioned. it seems to me you can't count. apba had 73 boats registered and sbi had 27. those 27 have been the same since forever. they are gaining no new people so what's the problem..

treadwell

Shorgasm 05-01-2002 10:25 PM

Miss BG...nice to meet you and absolutely no problem.......I don't go to many races so my opnion is somewhat small here......

Nonetheless......it was kinda quiet here all weekend....not a lot of publicity...even if you where looking for it....:rolleyes:

To say a little about the "dirty" beach.....well.....please remember that the part you walked on was just recently converted.......from a drive zone to a NO drive zone..........if i where to take you to the parts more frequently used by the car and people you will see a lrge differnce......

But still needs to be delt with......;)

DJD 05-01-2002 10:25 PM

Originally posted by Treadwellmotorsports
tx2
with only 20 - 30 boats everbody cheatin and you need a large pocketbook. everbody will eventually switch or the only way to win sbi is to cheat, or buy your own class. there's no competition there.

Treadwell

Eric, I'd like to debate your statement.
As I read it, you say "everybody cheatin" and I assume you mean EVERYBODY?
Our Outerlimits ran 87 mph on its BEST day. Usually around 85 and we have plenty of checkered flags. Most of them were very rough water races but none the less, we won with an 85-87 mph boat.
We also raced with apba and passed all of the inspections but couldn't get near the front (some 92+ mph F2 boats).
If I said that ANYONE in apba cheated, I'd probably be getting sued right now.

Dave D
F2-07

Treadwellmotorsports 05-01-2002 11:30 PM

dave,

rough water is the only thing that kills cheaters. hey i am not trying to bash. my formula is just as fast as your boat and i won the worlds. all the cheaters in apba have been kicked out. and are in sbi. sorry its the truth.

Treadwell

Treadwellmotorsports 05-01-2002 11:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
and treadwell throws what could be the knockdown. will tx2 get up??????????

DaveP 05-02-2002 12:24 AM

Ok Ok Ok Ok!

It's about time I step in and settle this being that I am friends with DJD, T2x and Treadwell........

OFFSHORE RACING PEACE SUMMIT!!!!!!!!!:D :D

LACE Gentleman's Club - NYC

Special Guests:
DJD, T2x, Treadwell, DaveP..............Boatgirl (via cellphone) and many Ambassadors of Goodwill

What do you say?