Like Tree0Likes

Who deals with Lee intercolers ? I need help !

Old 05-02-2002, 01:18 AM
Registered

Default Who deals with Lee intercolers ? I need help !

Last run , last season i ran in shallow water . I got sand past the sea strainers and into the intercoolers . The coolers are plugged up with little bits of sand and stuff .I took them apart and tried to flush them but didn't work . I tried to push a small (very small ) rod through to push it out put it won't work . The little fins in there hold that stuff in and I can't get it out . What can I do ? I don't want to buy new ones . These are perfect ,just plugged up ! Anyone know of a way to flush them out or shake them or SOMETHING !!?? I talked to a women at Lee and she said just buy new ones for $3300 each !! THere has to be a way ......
Old 05-02-2002, 11:18 AM
Registered

You need to find someone with a large ultrasonic bath containing a cleaning solution that is aluminum friendly. Ultrasonic cleaning works great but to be honest I've only seen it used on small parts. Price for new sounds steep; have you tried other blower companies like BDS for a price?
Old 05-02-2002, 07:45 PM
Registered

No I haven't shopped yet but I hate to through this one away ! There has got to be a way ....THanks for the input . JOE
Old 05-02-2002, 08:34 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2003 Eliminator 30' Daytona

I do not think lee makes these. Find where he buys them & get them for about 1/3 price. I always had the same problem with the ones I had on my banks package. I am assuming that the ones you have are 12-16" long. I took a hacksaw blade & ground it down so it would fit inside pasage. I do not remember, does the water go in one side & out other or does it turnaround & come back at you?
Old 05-02-2002, 11:19 PM
Registered

My Boats: '89 Eliminator 20' sport

Dont run it hard! I did and the hot charge from the blower put the motor into detonation and 3k later its ok! Mine was mud and leaves. Good luck. I'm sorry I dont really have any suggestions to help you. Greg
Old 07-10-2002, 05:57 PM
Registered

Back to the top !!
I still need help with intercoolers . Ultra sonic cleaning didn't work . Turbo jack ,I like your idea . But who makes them ? A guy said he could clean them ....... We'll see . My engine will be done some day soon and I need the coolers ! If they don't work they are just expensive spacers ! Any help on where to buy them cheap or good used ones or getting the sand out of mine would be great . The ultrasonic guy said he doughts it will come out . It's not corrosion ,it's sand ! He said to melt the sand out with chemicals with melt the intercooler too !
Old 07-10-2002, 06:05 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

My Boats: 27' Scarab

melting sand??? I always though sand was just tiny itty bitty pieces of rock. And if you melt it won't it become glass????

and i don;t think that any chemicals will melt it either.
Old 07-10-2002, 06:20 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

My Boats: 1972 Cigarette 36 race

Puder is right, sand is mostly silicon. It won't melt. I have had some luck with a pressure washer, but be carefull.

www.mercruiserparts.com
www.go-fast.com
www.bammarine.com
www.cyborgtransmissions.com
It's alive -www.BoatStuffExpress.com - additional 10% discount for OSO members
Old 07-10-2002, 06:30 PM
Registered

Hey Mark ,THanks ,Your always around !

Puder , I herd your bike needs a wax job ?? Or is that just rumor ? Sorry to hear .
Old 07-10-2002, 11:00 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

My Boats: 27' Scarab

know wher ei can get anew side panel for a 2001 yamaha r6???

its true i went down over eth weekend. Goigna little too fast, tires were cold, the pavement wasn't as tacky as i though (good condition and smooth) and i got on the gas a little too hard a little too early. I slid abotu 30 feet. Bike only has a few minor scartaches and i have some road rash on my leg and hands ( i was wearign short like a dumbass). Nothing major. bike can be pristine again for under $500. Although my riding jacket needs some love. Removed the fabric from the shoulder and elbow down to the padding. FYI it was a summer jacket and non race leathers. I've gotten worse on my dirt bike and four wheelers. If you wind up junking that intercooler let me know. I would be interested in messing with it to see if it can be jerry rigged to work on a tiny little blower (b&m 174).