Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
need answers to "how much does your boat cost?" >

need answers to "how much does your boat cost?"

Notices

need answers to "how much does your boat cost?"

Old 05-03-2002, 12:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my reply is usually "and it matters because?" or" i dont know my daddy bought it for me so i wouldnt use his anymore"
Old 05-03-2002, 01:33 PM
Registered

Talking

Just say "What this little thing?", as you calmly nod in the direction of the boat.
Old 05-03-2002, 01:40 PM
Ain't Skeered.

Ha Ha. I love this Question how much did it cost.. Just Go ask my Wife .. all The @#$%$#@ she will lay on ya for asking when she could have had a a fleet of mercedes. sould be good enough answer..

Old 05-03-2002, 01:54 PM
Wildfire

I like to answer questions like that (or the annual salary one) with "How often do you change your underwear?"

i.e. None of your business

BTW, that was post 100. Look out you post wh@res, I'm a senior member. WooHOo!

Old 05-03-2002, 02:29 PM
jr

So far, not including purchase price and gas, about 350 bucks an hour. For the 30 hours I've put on it in the last 3 years. Ouch.

Old 05-03-2002, 02:48 PM
Coddigtion

These are some good ideas for me to use :-D

Old 05-03-2002, 03:29 PM
Registered

I have seen the wife/girlfriend's ex-husbands boat situation. You can tell when the woman is real bossy, like "ooh be careful... open the hatch before you start the engine..." then she leaves her new man at the dock and while she parks the truck and trailer. Must be ****ty, dating a woman with a brand new 38' Donzi Daytona ZX.
Old 05-03-2002, 03:59 PM
Registered

I only made the comment " It's my wife's ex-husband's" as a joke just for the record...

I have seen though those women that can back the truck down the ramp perfect and then instruct the husband on what to do, it's hard to tell if those guys are happy or just enjoying the ride

This has been a great topic
Old 05-03-2002, 04:05 PM
Registered

Jimbo...........you're already a post HO. Geezzzzz 10 posts in 2 days!
Old 05-03-2002, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I agree...GREAT thread!

I live in a small town in the midwest, so although I only have a 28 elim. eagle, people around here think it's HUGE! Most boats are small bass boats and the occasional tri-hull boat
Consequently, I get asked the $$ question a lot. I think it's partly because people generally have NO idea of the cost of boats. Everyone knows what cars, houses, etc. cost, but boats are different, particularly in this area.
I wonder how many questions I will get when I get a new, bigger boat?
I have to admit that I don't spend too much time with peple that actuallyhave the gall to ask a question like that. You can usually tell if it is someone who really wants to know because they have an interest, or someone who is just prying into your personal finances.
If it is the latter, I just tell them that if they have to ask, they can't afford it. They deserve a rude anwer, in my opinion.
I am going to try to remember some ouf your responses, they are great

Quick Reply: need answers to "how much does your boat cost?"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.