Notices

F'n ethanol

Old 07-22-2010, 11:57 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by money455
i have had the same things happen to my trimmer and blower for the yard , fyi the govt thinks this is a really great idea to blend ethanol and fuel which is stupid . cause there is no up side nothing runs as well as straight fuel no matter the octane level . e 85 cars are an absolute joke and half of all fuel pressure regulators fail cause of ethanol . the best part is we the tax payers pay for this by giving farmers more money for corn crop that will be used for creation of ethanol rather then food . stupid govt !
Last time I checked, corn commodities were traded on the open market. What the government kicks in is LDP Loan Deficiency Payments.

Use SEAFOAM! That's what the Farmers use.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:41 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BattleCry
Last time I checked, corn commodities were traded on the open market. What the government kicks in is LDP Loan Deficiency Payments.
The VEETC subsidies are 51 cents a gallon, direct to ethanol producers. $7.6 billion this year. That's just the direct subsidy, not everything. Thirty years on the dole, ethanol has to go.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:50 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by good2go38
Russ, I have been using the Startron additive for over 3 years. No problem with with any of my equipment. I am testing an additive from Bell Additives out of Florida. I had alot of trouble with my equipment before I started using the additives.
I too have heard from many that Startron is the best product. One dealer in Indianapolis I know virtually eliminated the problems when he started using it exclusively.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had mixed results with Startron. My 496 HO will not see ethanol again with a $1500.00 bill. Marina non ethanol is $4.00 per gallon. On the other hand I use startron in my carbed 2 stroke outboard with a fiberglass fuel tank and no problems. If you want to know more about ethanol problems, check this web site Fuel-testers.com. It has alot of information. Pay and smile!!!
Old 07-23-2010, 08:05 AM
instigator
Platinum Member

this week alone I think we have cleaned/serviced over 110 gas injectors, all but one set were for outboards....
Old 07-23-2010, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BUIZILLA
this week alone I think we have cleaned/serviced over 110 gas injectors, all but one set were for outboards....
Fergot you did this, let me know the details, my motor has been in the garage for 6 months, and may want to thave them done now that it is going back into service.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:42 AM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BUIZILLA
Why are outboard injectors some much more a problem. Are they smaller? just wondering.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by good2go38
Russ, I have been using the Startron additive for over 3 years. No problem with with any of my equipment. I am testing an additive from Bell Additives out of Florida. I had alot of trouble with my equipment before I started using the additives.
Is this a stupid question... can you us additives with the two stroke fuel?
Old 07-24-2010, 06:11 PM
instigator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Beak Boater
Why are outboard injectors some much more a problem. Are they smaller? just wondering.
they sit for awhile, sometimes longggg whiles.... then get run twice as hard... 4 stroke Yammi's and HPDI's seem to be the worst victims..