Hitch-receiver, slide in mud-flap... >

Hitch-receiver, slide in mud-flap...

Notices

Hitch-receiver, slide in mud-flap...

Old 05-06-2002, 06:42 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts
Default I splurged on the 'Cadillac' product.

I just got off the phone with Mary and Neil Knoer of the Rock Tamer.

Rock Tamer

I went ahead and bought the Rock Tamer. It is byfar the 'Cadillac' of the offerings, but also the most robust. Completely adustable, and designed to last you a long time across many applications. I tow with at least 2 different vehicles as it is now, and I am not sure the trimming of one of the other products would work for both vehicles. With the Rock Tamer, I do not have to think about replacement when I buy a new vehicle. I think this one is the ticket, and very nice people to work with.

They have agreed to give any OSO member that identifies themselves as such, a 10% discount off of their regular price.
($251.99 for OSOers). Feel free to give Mary a call and have her explain the benefits.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 05-07-2002 at 12:57 AM.
Old 05-11-2002, 02:15 PM
HavasuCat

Troutly,

You just answered the question I was going to ask regarding fitting on a class v hitch. On the hitch I have now I drilled and tapped the hitch and have removable rock guards that bolt on. I wanted something that could be switched from vehicle to vehicle. What does the bracket look like that you are going to build?

Old 05-11-2002, 02:41 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good Idea I'll be copying one of those easy to make if u have the
tools
Old 05-11-2002, 05:51 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Like Candyman said,, ,I made my own !! ( Im cheap !! )It slides vver my reciever and tightens down with a lock nut, then a piece of 1/4" angle iron the width of the truck and bolted semi mudflaps to it. It works great, I can send detailed pics if anyone is interested.
Old 05-21-2002, 09:57 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a set from trailer guard and they are heavy duty. I ran into one problem that you might want to check on before buying. I had less than 1 inch of space on my insert to attach a bracket, and the trailer guard mount requires 1.75 inches. I will be buying a new insert that is a little longer and trailer guard offered to sell me one at a great price.
Old 05-21-2002, 11:57 PM
HavasuCat

I think I will just drill and tap the new class V hitch like my class 3 was and use the same rock guards. This might be a little easier since I already have the rock guards.

Old 05-22-2002, 08:41 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I took delivery of my Rock Tamers last week. It took about 30 minutes to put together and install, and they work sweet. If you talk directly to them, I think they can make you a reciever for a 2.5 square hitch. This is the most robust flap system I have seen, and I got lots of compliments and questions from folks at the SML Poker Run. They adjust to a new truck, or when you change the load in/on the truck in about 2 minutes.