why is there no offshore racing video game >

why is there no offshore racing video game

Notices

why is there no offshore racing video game

Old 07-30-2010, 12:13 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts
Default why is there no offshore racing video game

there has been boat racing video games but none of them are real life boats or anything close to it that i have seen. there is evey type of racing game but a real offshore boat game. even deadest catch has a game.

what would be better in the winter than running the ms gico, warpath, ams oil, cat killer and the list goes on. maybe a free ride mode with the hot boatibng spots and poker run mode also?
Old 07-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have often wondered the same thing, would be nice if they made one for the winter months.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:24 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

Best boat game i found has been hydro-thunder...its fun when linked with other machines...

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 07-30-2010, 12:26 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

It's been brought up on here a few times over the years. Someone even said they were going to build one, but never heard much about it. Do a search.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

maybe something like this??

Old 07-30-2010, 12:42 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
maybe something like this??

now we are getting some were!
Old 07-30-2010, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That game sucks. No control over trim, tabs, no indication of rpms, no need to throttle when getting air.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:45 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

An offshore racing game is about the only racing game not done. Not surprised as the cost/time to do one properly would be extensive. Yet the expertise is there. My personal opinion with 30 years of computer experience and gaming experience. Mark Nine Systems would be a great choice of programmers. Lots of history, but one of the projects "TargetWare" is slow in development unfortunately, private ventures delay development. But despite it's slow development is the most extensive in real aspects of aircraft in a CMS enviroment "combat flight simulation", other than full blown military simulations. Unfortunately currently between a major upgrade of code, so is not really usable at the moment. My experience with the old code, tells me the new will be far beyond anything else out there, as was the old already.

If a similar type of program was implemented for offshore racing, the core code could be done, while the modeling could be left to the players/teams/modelers to make any type of "boat" they want. As is the current modeling of the targetware software. One great thing about Mark Nine code development is that they do it for Linux, Apple, and m$. So no one using any operating system is excluded, not forced use to pay and continue the m$ monopoly.

I am not an employee or have any kind of business association with Mark Nine Systems. I have simply been a user/enthusiast of there CFS software, along with 30 years of gaming/computer experience to draw from .

I would assume some financing could motivate an offshoot of code that takes in to account real world numbers for water and mechanicals. Which would emulate real world offshore racing factors. It is a well known fact that all car racers, nascar, indy, formula one, as well as military/civilian pilots, play/practice for flight training/evaluations/events to sharpen skills. In competition for aerial combat with lasers attached to real aircraft. Dale (Hitech) of Aces High fame, long time programmer/designer of CFS games. Has beat real military pilots in real world competition despite having no military aircraft experience. Simply points out that thousands of hours of simulation applies directly to the real world. Unfortunatly Aces High is about gamplay rather than realism.

No reason why offshore racing could not join the group, if for nothing more than pleasure and online competition for offshore racing enthusiasts.

From a business point of view may not be a profitable venture, who knows the potential total of paying users, but would definitely be a hit with a core group of users.

http://www.mk9sys.com/

http://www.targetware.net/

Last edited by SinOjos; 07-30-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just thinking about this it could also include a career mode where you start out as a local hydro racer and through winning work your way up to race in opa or another major championship, owner mode where you manage your team and boats to a championship or free run mode where you could pick from verity of brands and cruise around Miami or other powerboat hot spots I would buy it
Old 11-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

I hate video games but if it were as hedgehoger described I'd buy that one!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.