Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   apba (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/23593-apba.html)

DaveP 05-03-2002 11:45 AM

Sorry - since when has offshore racing become a charity? APBA / SBI needs $$$ to operate and if they provide a show and incurr expenses should they not try to make a return on their investment? The amount of $$$ that people spend on boats and people want to jump or crawl under a fence to avoid paying $5.00 - $15.00?? Give me a break :p :p

Singlestack - I guess you have never been to SBI's race in Key Wesy and paid to go into the pits and got BANGED without Vaseline (2-3x the regular price) on raceday? :p :D

BAJA342 05-03-2002 11:59 AM

DAVE P HITS A GRAND SLAM.

Dave P Hits a Grand Slam HOMERUN!!!!!!

Jan 05-03-2002 12:04 PM

Combination Pass (Village & Viewing) … $40. For 2 days of boat racing and walking in the pits, Sounds like a bargain to me. I have been to 2 APBA races and both times were two of the best weekends my wife and I have shared. We are doing 3 races this year (Savannah, Cleveland and ST. Pete). The APBA PUTS ON A GREAT SHOW. We are also going to our first SBI Race at the Fountain Plant this year and I can't wait for that either. Not sure of your intent snglestack, but charging to watch from the bridge should not be a big deal.

JAN

T2x 05-03-2002 12:21 PM

Skaterfest is free..... Unless you want to meet me........ At that point I begin to sing back Street Boy songs until you pay me to stop.

T2x

DaveP 05-03-2002 12:31 PM

T2x - I'll donate $100 to a good local charity that weekend if you don't sing the whole weekend!! (since I'm going to be with you all weekend!) :D :D

PokerFace 05-03-2002 12:43 PM

Hey Dave P.....according to APBA the Atlantic City race is back on.....do you have any updates on that?

DaveP 05-03-2002 12:45 PM

....no comment........yet ;) :D

Stay tuned..........

"When life deals you lemons.....make lemonade!"

BODYSHOT1 05-03-2002 12:54 PM

:eek: :p ...Dave...what's up?!!!

Shane 05-03-2002 01:05 PM

Welcome to the latest edition of As The Prop Turns. I guess I am all for the fee for viewing. DaveP makes a good point AS USUAL! (You smart guys have all the luck!;) :p) The paying to have lunch with Nick Carter, doesn't that go against the thread we had talking about how teams (including owners) need to be open to fans? I do not think that paying to have lunch with a team owner is good for the sport right now. Teams need top focus on just being nice and open to fans. I realize that lunch is served and there are posters etc. it just doesn't sit right with me. I hope the money made by selling viewing seats goes back to the teams and to promote better races.

Dredgeking 05-03-2002 01:29 PM

I agree with shane 100%. money to the racers / organization.