Like Tree0Likes

2010 Shootout racers - please read!

Reply
Old 08-02-2010, 09:42 PM
  #1
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Von Bongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Iowa - Missouri
My Boats: 1997 Cig Kevlar - powered by Boyd
Posts: 3,904
Default 2010 Shootout racers - please read!

Well this year again I am going to work with KRMS, Charter 9 and the web cast as part of the broadcast team.

We get basically nothing from the sign up sheets so if you want some extra air time please send me a bio of you, your crew and your boat specs, sponsors and anything else you want people to know.

I will do my very best to get the information out while you are running, as in the past I am not always "in the booth" so sometimes I can't but I will do my best.

I don't keep stuff from prior years.

Please e-mail to [email protected]

Thanks in advance and look forward to seeing you all in a few weeks.

Mike Alford
Von Bongo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:02 PM
  #2
Registered
 
sommerfliesby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Frankfort, IL
My Boats: 2010 Active Thunder 37 Excess
Posts: 4,279
Default

We will be slamming to get the boat done next week, and I'll be sending you an in-depth story if it's ready.
sommerfliesby is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:13 AM
  #3
Registered
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Casa De Kappy
My Boats: Doug Wright X-Cat, Howard
Posts: 349
Default

Hey Von Bongo:

I did not check the CaptainRons website this year as we will not be attending did you put this on their site.

This sounds like important information KRMS needs to have in the booth because they dropped the ball last year on the introductions. Rather than all that boring diatribe do background information on some of the boats in between all the down time it would be far better than trying to make up stuff to talk about during the delays.

Put that information on the Shootout website---it is were all the racers go to get information including dock slips. The event website was my first source of information coming from San Diego.

Hope it goes real smooth for you guys and have fun we are going to miss LOTO this year.

We will be back next year with a new boat until then be safe.

KAP
kap328 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:43 AM
  #4
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Keytime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Derby, KS
My Boats: 1999 Checkmate 283 Convincor
Posts: 2,730
Default

Mike,

Is it possible to update listeners on the standings in each class? Doesn't seem like this was done last year, but pardon me if it was.

- John Humphrey
Keytime is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:02 AM
  #5
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Von Bongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Iowa - Missouri
My Boats: 1997 Cig Kevlar - powered by Boyd
Posts: 3,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keytime View Post
Mike,

Is it possible to update listeners on the standings in each class? Doesn't seem like this was done last year, but pardon me if it was.

- John Humphrey
No it wasn't done near as often. I asked them to print off the standings every 30 minutes but they were not able to do it for some reason. I will however remind the production people about it and hopefully they can get us the information.

If not I'll be a little better prepared to copy it down myself. In years past we took breaks 3 times an hour so it was easier to get stuff, last year they only took 1 per hour.

They also had more "guest" host last year with, Sanborn, Teague, Mansfield, plus the regulars, Doc, W. Dave and so on so we had less time to "fill". It's always a work in progress!

Last edited by Von Bongo; 08-03-2010 at 09:07 AM.
Von Bongo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:03 AM
  #6
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Von Bongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Iowa - Missouri
My Boats: 1997 Cig Kevlar - powered by Boyd
Posts: 3,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap328 View Post
Hey Von Bongo:

I did not check the CaptainRons website this year as we will not be attending did you put this on their site.

This sounds like important information KRMS needs to have in the booth because they dropped the ball last year on the introductions. Rather than all that boring diatribe do background information on some of the boats in between all the down time it would be far better than trying to make up stuff to talk about during the delays.

Put that information on the Shootout website---it is were all the racers go to get information including dock slips. The event website was my first source of information coming from San Diego.

Hope it goes real smooth for you guys and have fun we are going to miss LOTO this year.

We will be back next year with a new boat until then be safe.

KAP

Last year I did and they were supposed to send it to all the racers that had signed up. I only heard from 1 or 2 there but I will ask them again. Each year is a learning curve!
Von Bongo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:22 AM
  #7
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Von Bongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Iowa - Missouri
My Boats: 1997 Cig Kevlar - powered by Boyd
Posts: 3,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommerfliesby View Post
We will be slamming to get the boat done next week, and I'll be sending you an in-depth story if it's ready.
Oh this oughta be good
Von Bongo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:51 AM
  #8
Registered
 
sommerfliesby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Frankfort, IL
My Boats: 2010 Active Thunder 37 Excess
Posts: 4,279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Bongo View Post
Oh this oughta be good
I think you'll be able to fill some empty air with it! It's only been a FIVE YEAR process to get the damn boat done!
sommerfliesby is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:07 AM
  #9
Registered
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Casa De Kappy
My Boats: Doug Wright X-Cat, Howard
Posts: 349
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Bongo View Post
Last year I did and they were supposed to send it to all the racers that had signed up. I only heard from 1 or 2 there but I will ask them again. Each year is a learning curve!
Comment:

I never saw it or heard about it!

As you know racers booked their slips on that site so I figured it would be the best venue for this information.

Last year KRMS did not do as good a job as 2008 with boat intro's model, length, power etc.. Another alternative is to get the addresses for all of those racers who have already signed up and mail it to them or have it included in the registration process.

It might be a little late but not to hard to get the information up to the booth for the play by play.

These are just some suggestions for further refinement. In my opinion KRMS's coverage is one of the reasons this is such a world class event. I am sure if other poker runs and races had same or similar coverage you would have tremendous fan turn out and business involvement.

KAP
kap328 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:49 PM
  #10
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Keytime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Derby, KS
My Boats: 1999 Checkmate 283 Convincor
Posts: 2,730
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Bongo View Post
No it wasn't done near as often. I asked them to print off the standings every 30 minutes but they were not able to do it for some reason. I will however remind the production people about it and hopefully they can get us the information.

If not I'll be a little better prepared to copy it down myself. In years past we took breaks 3 times an hour so it was easier to get stuff, last year they only took 1 per hour.

They also had more "guest" host last year with, Sanborn, Teague, Mansfield, plus the regulars, Doc, W. Dave and so on so we had less time to "fill". It's always a work in progress!
Sounds good. Thanks for all the hard work. I listen the entire day except for when I'm running.
Keytime is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.