Just ordered $450 worth of stuff from slideanchor.com

Notices

Just ordered $450 worth of stuff from slideanchor.com

Old 08-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bullhead
I've had both and agree with you
I have 2 boats now, and I currently have both myself one type in each boat.

http://www.slideanchor.com/Anchor%20...ations_137.htm

http://www.fortressanchors.com/weigh_options.html

If you compare "Small to Small" - you guys are talking about 4lb of difference.

UD

Last edited by Uncle Dave; 08-11-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the small box anchor (galvanized) and the medium shore spike (galvanized) Love them both. They take up much less room in my bilge than the 2 anchors I used to cart around. The box anchor sets well and the shore spike is just flat out cool.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can the shore spike be used in shallow water - like 6"-18"? The reason I ask is it'd be great to stabilize the boat from swinging, but our bay is so shallow that I'd need a ton of line to get it right onto the beach.

Just wondering if this is an option because I'd really consider getting one.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:30 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by freshwaterfiend
Can the shore spike be used in shallow water - like 6"-18"? The reason I ask is it'd be great to stabilize the boat from swinging, but our bay is so shallow that I'd need a ton of line to get it right onto the beach.

Just wondering if this is an option because I'd really consider getting one.
Yes it can! I use it in 3' of water all of the time. It even has a second loop at the top to tie a bouy or life jacketo to. (so someone doesn't trip on it). The slide hammer is heavy enough it makes using it underwater VERY easy.

I used to use a 20-30 foot line myself, but now I just drive the spike in the water about 7' - 10' behind the boat. This keeps the boat in place with very little side to side movement. Buy one! You will not be disapointed. It was the best purchase under $100 I have made for the boat.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Awaiting arrival of boxes. Will post some pics when it all arrives.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:13 AM
Registered

Well it all showed up Friday and was great to use. I literally dropped (didnt even throw) the anchor off the front and let it sink then tied it off; threw the stake out back and she didn't move all day. Very little debris when I pulled it up and I had 3 other boats (27, and 26) tied off to me.

Old 08-17-2010, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just purchased the small for my 35ft Fountain- used it for the first time on Friday. Didn't have a lot of wind, but the anchor worked awesome. Much more compact than the old danforth type. The bag that came with it wasn't particularly useful for our application, so we just grabbed an old duffel bag with a towel in the bottom. Allows my wife to carry the anchor and rode to the bow and set it down without scratching the deck. Also got one of the danik hooks- very handy as well. For keeping the stern of the boat under control in shallow water (sandbars, beach) I just went to TSC and got a livestock post for $8 and use half of an old motorcycle handlebar to screw it into the sand- works great- cheap too!
Old 08-30-2010, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kyboy1020
Well it all showed up Friday and was great to use. I literally dropped (didnt even throw) the anchor off the front and let it sink then tied it off; threw the stake out back and she didn't move all day. Very little debris when I pulled it up and I had 3 other boats (27, and 26) tied off to me.

How'd your stuff work out for you?

Uncle Dave
Old 09-02-2010, 03:31 PM
Registered

Still very pleased with it. The shore spike is a little larger than I expected but I still have room for it. The quality of the products seems to be great.