JBS and Nauti-Marine to Go Head to Head at Shootout

Notices

JBS and Nauti-Marine to Go Head to Head at Shootout

Old 08-14-2010, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by audacity
side by side would be COOL!!!!!!
No wet blanket intended for sure , but isnt all this like drag racing F1 race cars.
These boats are designed and built to race or be used offshore style. Is not the Bimini run more the venue for all these boats to show their attributes as well as the abilities of the throttlemen with all the changing water conditions and the stamina required to withstand the conditions that are presented ?

As for running side by side , is it not a recipe for a possible bad time ?
Old 08-14-2010, 07:50 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

side by side would be COOL!!!!!!
Certainly would make for some great photo opportunities.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG

Last edited by jayboat; 08-14-2010 at 04:24 PM. Reason: stickin' to what I know
Old 08-14-2010, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe
No wet blanket intended for sure , but isnt all this like drag racing F1 race cars.
These boats are designed and built to race or be used offshore style. Is not the Bimini run more the venue for all these boats to show their attributes as well as the abilities of the throttlemen with all the changing water conditions and the stamina required to withstand the conditions that are presented ?

I believe that JBS did race Bimini this year and has competed in other races. I see nothing wrong with them or Dave Scott trying to dial the boats in for a top speed run. As for a side by side run I am sure once the course is setup at LOTO they will be able to determine if they can safety race or not. Looking forward to watch on the webcast again this year.

By the Way it was cool seeing JBS in Michigan City this year!!!
Old 08-14-2010, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heres a little side by side action from last year!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAVHQhrY8fg
Old 08-14-2010, 08:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe

Point well taken and safety is always the #1 issue but this event draws thousands of spectators and brings thousands of dollars into the local economy. This is purely for entertainment an bragging rights by the boat owners and boat manufactures. Skater has put up some money to the fastest Skater and record breaker. What could possibly be wrong with that, lets try to be "positive" instead of negative. Good luck to all the participants and I'm sure all the fans will just love it or else they wouldn't be there.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by JBS
I say we run the boats in pairs-drag race style!

JBS racing is excited for the LOTO shootout-it's an event that has evaded us for years.My wife,Jaimee,is planning on throttling for a run or two also to try to break the female speed record.Can't wait!See you all there-JBS
It will be great to have your team here! Nothing quite knocks the wrinkles out of it like watching boats like yours flying down the course. It will be a ton of fun watching you and the local favorite Nauti Marine duke it out for the Top Gun. I just hope that ALL of the racers have a safe weekend. See ya there!
Old 08-14-2010, 09:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor
Point well taken and safety is always the #1 issue but this event draws thousands of spectators and brings thousands of dollars into the local economy. This is purely for entertainment an bragging rights by the boat owners and boat manufactures. Skater has put up some money to the fastest Skater and record breaker. What could possibly be wrong with that, lets try to be "positive" instead of negative. Good luck to all the participants and I'm sure all the fans will just love it or else they wouldn't be there.
I agree and please read how I prefixed my post.

Its not a measure of any top speed , its only a mile.

If you want to measure drivership in an offshore boat, make it a mile long with a 90 degree turn at the end for another measured half mile.

I hear ya re the excitement and the $$$ for the economy. No argument there.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by JBS
I say we run the boats in pairs-drag race style!

JBS racing is excited for the LOTO shootout-it's an event that has evaded us for years.My wife,Jaimee,is planning on throttling for a run or two also to try to break the female speed record.Can't wait!See you all there-JBS
woops, double post

Last edited by 36Tango; 08-15-2010 at 08:03 AM. Reason: double post
Old 08-14-2010, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is what the fans want!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db7l8...eature=related
Old 08-14-2010, 10:27 AM
Registered

No comment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.