freezeframevideo.net
Commercial Member

Received 819 Likes on 605 Posts

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 08-14-2010, 04:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The Shootout is an awesome event and the side by side action is a real crowd pleaser. Don't discount the difficulty in posting a high number...its difficult to get these boats set in a mile...by the time you get'em rolling you only get a couple of bumps on the trim to get it right.

Regarding Geico, they won't come. Mark told me that from the sponsor's point of view they have nothing to gain; I respectfully disagree.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:31 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by omerta one
The Shootout is an awesome event and the side by side action is a real crowd pleaser. Don't discount the difficulty in posting a high number...its difficult to get these boats set in a mile...by the time you get'em rolling you only get a couple of bumps on the trim to get it right.

Regarding Geico, they won't come. Mark told me that from the sponsor's point of view they have nothing to gain; I respectfully disagree.
The fastest boats in the country will be there. Why would Geico NOT want to do battle with them?? I think they should put their T55s in the boat and go for Callan's 209 record.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by omerta one

while i would love the race against them...they seem to be doing well with their sponsors and are great for the sport so....

to jeff this is huge! the sultan sea is VERY HUGE for us. no one remembers races but we all know the fastest boats in the world

ya can't win if ya don't race! and ya can't loose if ya don't race either! lol
Old 08-14-2010, 05:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
The fastest boats in the country will be there. Why would Geico NOT want to do battle with them?? I think they should put their T55s in the boat and go for Callan's 209 record.
agreed! wish we had a set!!! wish we even had a set of T53-L13A's to use!

we would have a good shot at it if it was run like it was back when those numbers were done.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:32 PM
JBS
Registered

Default 209

The Callan boat ran 209 mph with almost twice the hp we have and the starts were a bit more relaxed so it going to be tough to beat-however I am confident we will do well with what we have.in Havasu we ran 178 mph with a short course,crappy turbines,and questionable bottom.LOTO will be a lot different for us.Im sure we could surpass 210 with a bit more running room-maybe an unlimited run for the fans.I'm up for any style of racing or show they want to put on-we may have a bit of a surprise as well.Realy looking foreword to it and seeing everyone!
Old 08-14-2010, 08:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe
Maybe its just leftovers from my friends accident last week.

Just over cautious I guess.

Go and enjoy.

I enjoy the fun as much as the rest.

Alex!

I hope your friend is doing OK, read about the accident on Lake Simcoe.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor
Alex!

I hope your friend is doing OK, read about the accident on Lake Simcoe.
it really sucks. but pleased as heII to see they were ok! bad enough we have racers/friends checking out. now i am thinking about if everyone is ok from a poker run weekend too! seeing your friends one min and the next not; is a sinking feeling!...as brian and i were walking back to the pits after seeing lisa m's limp legs as the safety crew worked on her...you just get this feeling...i wish i could never say we have never had it. the police were great in MI city!!!!! we stopped one and he personally took off to find out more for us. came right back and gave us a direct line to her nurse that was expecting me to call.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
If im not mistaken the Geico boat is the original Callan boat so it would be nothing new for that particular boat!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.