Like Tree0Likes

force ten ??

Old 05-05-2002, 11:09 PM
loosecannon22

Default force ten ??

I once saw a boat called "force ten" on a poker run that I was in. I asked a friend what kind of boat it was and he said it was a "force ten". I have never heard of, or have seen any others, does anyone have any info on these? how many where built, where and when? Great looking boat!!

Old 05-05-2002, 11:24 PM
Banned

They were a boat builder here in Pinellas County. I think they only built a few boats before the building burned down. My buddy knows one of the x owners. I have seen two of them around here, one is red and white and the other is yellow. I think they are fine looking boats with the high bows like a cig.

Where was the poker run? I think one of the guys is big with OPBA.
Old 05-05-2002, 11:29 PM
loosecannon22

It was in Daytona 2 years ago, the boat is white and red and has been in a bunch of Florida powerboat clubs poker runs, I forget the guys name who ran the boat but it looked like a Cig or Apache mix. I just saw it again in an old magazine today and wanted to know if anyone knew any more about them.

Old 05-05-2002, 11:55 PM
Banned

Sounds like the one that lives here at John's Pass. I have seen him pacing runs before. I think he is one of the original builders. I agree, very cig-like.
Old 05-06-2002, 09:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Cigarette 35 Cafe Racer

Cuda's right!
It was a small local boat builder out of St. Pete[?] and only a handful were made. I see two of them on a regular basis all around our waters. It seems to be a very "sturdy" boat...Huge freeboard and tall deck. Must be heavy by the looks of it.

Last edited by Baja Daze; 05-06-2002 at 09:48 AM.
Old 05-06-2002, 09:37 AM
Registered

Cuda, You are right, this boat does reside at John's Pass. The owner of the boats name is a Ray Hanke and he is the original builder of the boat. I believe he built a total of 7 boats. The boat is 36 feet and very sturdy. Ray has had several different power combinations over the years, from 600+ C.I. Naturaly Aspirated to currently a pair of 509 Blower motors that make a little over 700HP. Ray is a very stand-up guy and still has a shop in Clearwater right around the corner from Jay at Spectre.
Old 05-06-2002, 09:39 AM
Registered

Also, I had heard rumors that Baja bought the original bottom mold and use it for the 36 Outlaw
Old 05-06-2002, 12:09 PM
Registered

My Boats: 38 Jupiter CC, Miss GEICO
Default you are correct

The Origional Force 10 was designed by Ray (good guy , always ready to lend a hand) It was popped off a Cig Mistress, back in the day. Baja puchased a Force 10 and popped off what is now known as the 36 Outlaw. After an unfortunate fire at Ray's Clearwater factory, Ray sold the molds to Nor-tech who massaged them into the 38 Nor tech (Warbird). There are several Force 10's still around which is a testamint to the construction of the boat. Ray's boat has been through several motor changes, from mild to high horsepower, the boat currently runs in the mid 80's and is a great rough water machine. It's hard not to recognise Ray's boat the paint job is fantastic. Like a red black and grey Hurricane down the side. If you see him, don't be afraid to wave hello and and hang out with him, he's always got a great crew on board and they are always having a good time.

Maximus
Old 03-04-2003, 04:18 PM
Banned

I met Ray the other night at an OPBA meeting. I asked what price they had on them brand new. He told me he thought the last one he sold with 502's went for $83K! Can you say bargain! How would you like to be able to walk in and buy a brand new 36 footer with the looks and toughness of these boats today for that price?
Old 03-04-2003, 04:49 PM
Registered

My Boats: AKA Throttle Up Propellers

The accuracy here is incredible!

Ray is a kick to hang with!