Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Single XR with ITS transom assy. >

Single XR with ITS transom assy.

Notices

Single XR with ITS transom assy.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Single XR with ITS transom assy.

Is there anybody here that's running a Single ITS transom assy that wouldn't mind taking the time to snap a quick picture for me ??

I'm in the midst of rigging my boat now and since I don't have a manual for the drive at this time I could use a picture of the "valve block" that the 4 hydraulic lines from the helm go into right at the inner transom plate.. I'm curious if the top Rt. hand side ports on the block (looking towards the transom from the cockpit) are capped off in a single application ?? I had this drive along with another in a twin set up & it had 2 hoses running from those 2 ports over to the other drive.. I'm guessing they are just capped off, however I would like to know for sure..

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated..
Old 08-21-2010, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop
Is there anybody here that's running a Single ITS transom assy that wouldn't mind taking the time to snap a quick picture for me ??

I'm in the midst of rigging my boat now and since I don't have a manual for the drive at this time I could use a picture of the "valve block" that the 4 hydraulic lines from the helm go into right at the inner transom plate.. I'm curious if the top Rt. hand side ports on the block (looking towards the transom from the cockpit) are capped off in a single application ?? I had this drive along with another in a twin set up & it had 2 hoses running from those 2 ports over to the other drive.. I'm guessing they are just capped off, however I would like to know for sure..

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated..
An ITS plumbs the same as any other full hydraulic system, except that it puts connections on a common block. There are 2 parts to the block, the outside end one is optional and is mounted to the main part with 2 socket head screws. Some people confuse this and think there is some porting between the two, but they are not inter-connected. The main advantage of it is that it does have an inline check valve on the pump out for multiple pump systems. If you plumb directly to the cooler and pump you can remove this block, if it is even there. If you already have made the connections there, that is fine too.
The main part of the block is what is connected to the standard Bravo steering ram mount. This is what I think you are talking about. In a single, you just connect the R & L from the helm into either the top or bottom connections and cap the other two. These connections are basically just a tee to make it easy to connect the second drive. The plugs in these connections may have small speedi-bleeder valves in them to help in getting air out of the system. You can connect small hoses to them and run the hoses back into the cap of the reservoir, crack them open, and slowly turn the wheel back and forth to remove air. Do not confuse the side hex fittings as plugs, they are relief valves and there is no reason to touch them.
Hope I helped out!
Old 08-21-2010, 01:12 PM
Registered

Yes that helped me out allot !! I do have the extra valve block & I do plan on keeping it.. Yeah I wasn't sure myself it the 2 blocks tied together, but found out a few days ago that they don't.. I was thinking I would be able to cap either the top or bottom 2 ports on the block Closest to the "drive shaft" But really wanted someone else's opinion thats more knowledgeable than me.. That being said my hoses plumb in the neatest on the bottom so I will be capping the top 2.. Thanks so much for clarifying this for me !!!

I also have a nice marine machine filter that I would like to run & I know it will plumb in between the helm & the p.s pump on the high pressure side... Is there anything that I should be aware of that may be different with the ITS regarding a filter setup ? I will most likely put it between the "outer valve block" and the helm.. I guess another question is does it matter if it goes there or in between the pump & valve block ? I wouldn't think it would matter but again I always value experience..
Old 08-21-2010, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You should be able to put it in either location, as long as you make sure it is in the high pressure line to the helm, not the return to the cooler.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Sounds like you have it under control but if you still need a pic let me know. My buddy with the american flag 28 Pantera is just down the street and he is running a single ITS....
Old 08-22-2010, 11:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Falcon
You should be able to put it in either location, as long as you make sure it is in the high pressure line to the helm, not the return to the cooler.
Thanks again for your help !
Old 08-22-2010, 11:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jdub
Sounds like you have it under control but if you still need a pic let me know. My buddy with the american flag 28 Pantera is just down the street and he is running a single ITS....
Yeah kinda like them bud's that show up after the fight is over & say "If you want me to kick the #%&! out of him I will"

That's a really cool boat.. If I remember correctly it has a worked 575 in it with the ITS.. Hey I think I could even tell you what the X is set at..
Old 08-22-2010, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You bringing that Yellow thing to the Ozarks or what??
Old 08-22-2010, 07:17 PM
Registered

Old yeller won't be making the trip this year..
However I'm trying really hard to make it that way myself..