Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
Wonder what drives are on that boat
I wonder? Hope your doing good!
Old 09-03-2010, 01:44 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe
I dont understand the need for classes in the first place.

Is'nt it enough that individuals get the personal satisfaction of getting their boat to go as fast as possible no matter what length/HP/ Drive/ combo they put together ?

What happened to " Personal Best" ??

Isnt that good enough any more ??

By reading everything on here the event in total was a huge success and at the end of the day it neednt be sullied with drama.

Congratulations to all the individual participants and especially all the volunteers that made this great weekend happen.
+ 2. As a spectator of this event for about 10 years, I can tell you I have never heard anyone in our group or on surrounding boats discuss what class a boat is in. All we care about is how the run looked and the speed at the trap. Most only remember who was Top Gun from year to year. Others also remember fastest vee and fastest cat. And now fastest 'toon!
Old 09-03-2010, 03:58 PM
Registered

You should have a cat that can run 150 MPH + at WOT for several mile without having catastrophic mechanical failures, before worring about boat measurements or classes other people run in that can run in the 150's any giving weekend.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by HotPursuit
Were did I say I didn't like a boat because of how its measured?? I still don't think a 36 Skater or any hull that adds the length of the bussel to make it 40ft should be in the class of a 40-44 ft hull.
The same reason I don't think you should have four classes for cat super-turbo charged. Whats the point I thought it was a Shoot OUT not a little league game were we don't keep score,and Skater owned the course except for pro cat.
Hell the 36 Skater NorEaster ran 177 and didnt get a award.
Skater HUll speeds

388 186 TOP GUN
40 165 Top GUN
36 177 ???
39 v 121 TOP GUN
388 118 won class/ Peppers

By the way your boat came out great to bad you didnt get to run the shoot out.
I have measured both and a 36 skater and 40 MTI are not the same length no running surface. To compare a 388 would be more accurate. As for the classes be impressed by every run and know that the true Top Gun ran 208.
Thanks for the complement about the boat I had a great time running around in it all weekend. Too bad you couldn't make it are you back together?
Old 09-04-2010, 09:28 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

I wanna hear more about all the smack talk going on in the staging area!

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 09-04-2010, 09:31 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by jayboat
I wanna hear more about all the smack talk going on in the staging area!
Old 09-04-2010, 10:59 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sealteam2
You should have a cat that can run 150 MPH + at WOT for several mile without having catastrophic mechanical failures, before worring about boat measurements or classes other people run in that can run in the 150's any giving weekend.
Why don't you post with your real name you big puss!!!
Who's had catastrophic failure?? Don't even know why I'm replying because
you don't have the balls to post your name!!
I been at this along time and know one thing if you don't break your not running are you don't own a boat.
I have lived on the water for 20 yrs and use my boat more in a weekend than most in a month.. 240 hrs on the last set and broke a lifter last year at this time,wouldn't call that catastrophic!!!
The best engine builders have there problems.
After 30 yrs you name it I can break it,,what you running big wuss??
I pay a membership here and most know me,, if I don't like the way the classes are set up that's my right and looking at most of the post most agree!!
Now let's see your rig and post your name or pay for a membership you tightas!!
Old 09-04-2010, 11:15 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Ptufaro
I have measured both and a 36 skater and 40 MTI are not the same length no running surface. To compare a 388 would be more accurate. As for the classes be impressed by every run and know that the true Top Gun ran 208.
Thanks for the complement about the boat I had a great time running around in it all weekend. Too bad you couldn't make it are you back together?
Was never broke!! Had a leaking gimbal boot at Oklahoma..
Also had a spark plug fail no big deal. We have used the boat a good bit since then
just don't like the 98' heat or it's raining!! The best boating is coming now through may.
Were going out tomorrow maybe take a run to landrys.
Know one question when did 39mti become a 40??
ps allways carry a spare MSD box.
My grandson birth and hanging out with family was more important than loto.
Maybe next year!!
Old 09-05-2010, 10:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by HotPursuit
Was never broke!! Had a leaking gimbal boot at Oklahoma..
Also had a spark plug fail no big deal. We have used the boat a good bit since then
just don't like the 98' heat or it's raining!! The best boating is coming now through may.
Were going out tomorrow maybe take a run to landrys.
Know one question when did 39mti become a 40??
ps allways carry a spare MSD box.
My grandson birth and hanging out with family was more important than loto.
Maybe next year!!
MSD box didn't stop me not sure what you heard but I brought the boat back under power of both engines. Just a guess but I would say 06 or 07 that the 39 became a 40 example I have a 39 rp has a 40.
Great to hear about the new addition to the Nunez boating crew. When was he born?
Old 09-06-2010, 09:06 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Ptufaro
MSD box didn't stop me not sure what you heard but I brought the boat back under power of both engines. Just a guess but I would say 06 or 07 that the 39 became a 40 example I have a 39 rp has a 40.
Great to hear about the new addition to the Nunez boating crew. When was he born?
I hear you,nothing bad was said but maybe you had lost a MSD BOX. I run two on each engine just because they give no warning.
I know you put alot of blood sweat and $$$ in your boat and I'm proud of you know matter what breaks!!!
Times have Change over the years never seen other boaters and suppose friends who are happy to hear that you have a failure!!
I like the trash talk and the fun over brand types but some off the negative chit is getting old. Me and my family have always used power boating as a great time to get together but I'm getting to the point were we are enjoying the boat more when we don't attend events.
Tyler was born the 24th, It is a great feeling as you well know to see my family growing!! Ask big Pete of the feeling that comes with your kids success and holding your sons child.
If you ever need some help don't hesitate give me a call,also remember my boat hangs in the hoist most of the time. That has come in handy countless times over the years.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.