Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What do you guys think about Warlock boats? >

What do you guys think about Warlock boats?

Notices

What do you guys think about Warlock boats?

Old 09-01-2010, 04:47 PM
KN
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you guys think about Warlock boats?

Hey guys just looking for some opinions here on Warlock boats in particular 29' and 27'. How do they compare in quality to say Pantera, Active Thunder, Sunsation Etc. They seem to be a fast hull they did well in F1 when they were racing. I'm sure they are now as good in rough water as Pantera and Active thunder. How much room is there in the cabin ? Is there enough room to overnight? I think I remember readin the company has changed hands several times. Are there some years that they were built better than others. I see there are several new 2010 listed that seem to be very well priced.

Thanks
Old 09-01-2010, 05:00 PM
Registered

I would say it is nearly identical in build quality to the others mentioned. It likely has the same or better rough water capabilities as Pantera, the larger Actives handle great but the smaller ones are not even close.

Look up some of the ruff water race videos of pantera, you almost always see it swapping positions with a Warlock.

Plenty of room to overnight...
Old 09-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Registered

Here is one of them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehklDnTS_Bs
Old 09-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Registered

I owed a 01 27ft, built like a tank and can handle ruff water better than most 35ft boats. would own another in a heartbeat, if you are doing overnighting than the 27 might be a better choice as it has 6 more inches of headroom in the cabin
Old 09-01-2010, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do all the warlocks have wooden floors with carpet? I heard that was the one bad thing about the boat.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:53 PM
Registered

I am not sure if this is all of them, but we repaired a 28 warlock cat, and it had plywood floor, and, also no core, and a bit of chop mat in it, we were not too impressed with the construction.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a new 1998 Ultimate Warlock 27' - great roughwater boat for it's size. Took it out in the ocean many times and no problems. The 27 does have more headroom than the 29.

However, I would BE CAREFUL to purchase a new one - they don't build boats regularly anymore and the quality isn't as good as the older ones. (after talking to an employee)
Old 09-01-2010, 09:06 PM
Registered

We have a 29' World Class bought new in 2000, it was a race/pleasure version at the time, it came with the race seats, but also a back seat and cabin. Its a great boat! We still race it today and we really havent had any problems. Its one of my favorite boats I've been in. It handles the rough water great, it loves 3-4's. As for the head room in a 29' there isn't a whole lot, the 27' definitely has more.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:19 AM
Registered

Here is a video of a 25? running off West palm beach taken from my boat last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IwLxaF1mK0
Old 09-02-2010, 07:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I remember racing in Ventura Ca. when Grandville and Carter Reese went by us in the 35' cat at about 110 mph with both sponsons broken off flapping in the breeze what a site! Jo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.