Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Outerlimits Fuel Tanks Leaching? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/238381-outerlimits-fuel-tanks-leaching.html)

Steve 1 09-14-2010 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bad Girl (Post 3207573)
What about any 43 Nortechs of the same year(s)? Did they use same tanks?
thanks

Good Question ,where is Salesmanship?

RunninHotRacing163.1 09-14-2010 01:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Flyin-Bryan (Post 3206262)
Just looking at that picture make me itchy....

:eek::drink:

ship4brains 09-14-2010 01:10 PM

I've worked with FG before. Never again. F that :)

Jassman 10-05-2010 07:46 PM

What ever happened on this.. did OL step up to the plate..

pm203 10-05-2010 09:10 PM

Doesn't look like it. But who really knows?

Jassman 10-06-2010 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by pm203 (Post 3223964)
Doesn't look like it. But who really knows?

I received a phone call last night after I posted.. apparently OL is not taking responsibility.. or claiming out of warranty. I asked Fred on this thread, and also didn't get a reply.. that tells me something as well..Where is Fountain40IBCM.. he's on every other OL threads...:grinser010: all I want to know is what year did Mike start using those tanks.. Thanks..

SS930 10-06-2010 07:00 AM

I dont think it's just OL that's not stepping up to the plate... I haven't heard of any effected manufacturer actually covering this.

Given the money spent, at a minimum they should be covering this for the original owners. IMO, the bladder OEM and boat manufacturers should be covering this. There's a lot of finger pointing going on and I can see neither the OEM or the builder wanting to be left holding the bag, but it's absolute BS that the innocent consumer is the one left footing the bill on this... especially while someone (builder or independent glass shop) makes even more on this repair work! This should absolutely be covered, it's not just a structural issue, it's a real safety issue!

pm203 10-06-2010 07:07 AM

Or, at least the manufacturer could offer to do it at dead cost or at significant savings.

Jupiter Sunsation 10-06-2010 07:17 AM

I think it could be a nightmare either way. If the manufacturer takes resposibility for a vendor's part/problem then they are admitting fault. If they voluntarily foot the bill for replacement then they put themselves in a major financial bind (5-10K per boat X how many boats). Most builders simply don't have that kind of cash laying around right now.

Of course, the worst case scenario is if a lawyer takes the case to the class action level and goes after the manufacturer and the tank maker. If someone happens to get seriously hurt because of a faulty tank then this exponentially ups the ante.

offshoredrillin 10-06-2010 07:26 AM

Devils advocate, the tank manufacturers made the tanks within compliance for regular fuels, When did the gov start jamming ethanol down our throats. Seems to me a class action against the gov would yield a better result with many boat manufacturers and boaters united. at least it may give the opportunity for marinas to carry gas with no ethanol in it.

All any tank man and boat builder has to say is the tanks weren't designed for that type of fuel. To me would be no different if someone says I must burn hi octane and I don't.