Like Tree0Likes

Very Eerie sight!! Very sad!!

Old 09-08-2010, 11:57 AM
Useless member of society
VIP Member

My Boats: '00 Scarab Sport 302, '03 Lip-Ship Cigarette Gladiator

Probably meant not that stupid to leave the plug out and leave town with phone turned off.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:14 PM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

My Boats: Formula, 382 Fastech - SOLD

I know I spend stupid money on my boating hobby
Old 09-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Useless member of society
VIP Member

My Boats: '00 Scarab Sport 302, '03 Lip-Ship Cigarette Gladiator

Surprised Sea-Tow hasn't started their salvage job.

If the home owner rented out the dock and the boat sinks, who is responsible for the environmental cleanup?
Old 09-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2008 Donzi 38 ZR

I was thinking the same thing- maybe you should put a salvage claim on it yourself, pay someone to raise it, then turn around and sell it to National!
Old 09-08-2010, 07:34 PM
Registered

My Boats: 99 problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by LubeJobs42 View Post
It's off Bayview and Oakland.

We saw the neihbors our there when they returned. The husband was on the phone screaming at someone. I told the wife I tried to let them know in the middle of the night. She said it's not our boat "we're not that stupid".

Appently they are renting the dock out. I'm not sure what she meant by "we're not that stupid" but i took it as she meant you have to be stupid to own a boat.
I bet there is some serious damage to the dock. It is awful to see that, I wonder if the shore power was not sufficient, or turned off, Batteries can keep up for a while, but they drain pretty quickly with all four bilges running, hopefully the enviornmental guys are not too hard on the owner, but I have a feeling the officers that stopped by left the bill with the home owner and let him sort out the the rest. bad deal all the way around. I guess the same question would apply if you had renters in your home and it burns down, who is responsible for the clean up? renters or owners?
Old 09-08-2010, 07:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My Boats: 2009 Lip-Ship Gladiator; 1995 Cig 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by spk1 View Post
I bet there is some serious damage to the dock. It is awful to see that, I wonder if the shore power was not sufficient, or turned off, Batteries can keep up for a while, but they drain pretty quickly with all four bilges running, hopefully the enviornmental guys are not too hard on the owner, but I have a feeling the officers that stopped by left the bill with the home owner and let him sort out the the rest. bad deal all the way around. I guess the same question would apply if you had renters in your home and it burns down, who is responsible for the clean up? renters or owners?
The renters would be responsible for their personal property and the Owner his. (Renters insurance). I would think the Owner would be responsible for damage to his property and the "renter" (boat Onwer) the boat. Owners insurance likely to go after renters insurance. Since the boat would be the cause of any environmental issue I believe thats where the responsibility would be. When the docks collapsed from the ice at LOTO the marinas had no responsibility for damage to the boats; only their own docks.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:49 PM
Registered
VIP Member
Trade Score: (2)

My Boats: 44 MTI 39 MTI 35 MOTION 16 DONZI

Well, today they finally removed the tender off the bow. Apperently, what they didn't realize was the tender was actually keeping the boat floating at the level it was. It was acting as a life jacket. Once the tender was released, the boat dropped quite a bit. It ripped the dock apart pretty good where the boat was tied. The piling wither broke or ripped out.

The big boat is still under water for the 5th day. What a shame! What could have proabably been saved with a buch of work is quickly turning to garbage!
Attached Thumbnails
Very Eerie sight!! Very sad!!-dsc01383.jpg   Very Eerie sight!! Very sad!!-dsc01384.jpg   Very Eerie sight!! Very sad!!-dsc01385.jpg  

Very Eerie sight!! Very sad!!-dsc01386.jpg   Very Eerie sight!! Very sad!!-dsc01388.jpg  

Last edited by LubeJobs42; 09-09-2010 at 11:00 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:51 PM
Registered

well its definatly a newer boat. whats the property owner saying........
Old 09-10-2010, 12:57 AM
Registered

My Boats: 99 problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by LubeJobs42 View Post
Well, today they finally removed the tender off the bow. Apperently, what they didn't realize was the tender was actually keeping the boat floating at the level it was. It was acting as a life jacket. Once the tender was released, the boat dropped quite a bit. It ripped the dock apart pretty good where the boat was tied. The piling wither broke or ripped out.

The big boat is still under water for the 5th day. What a shame! What could have proabably been saved with a buch of work is quickly turning to garbage!
oh wow, thats the first time i noticed it was an enclosed bridge, thats a newer model, and I have a serious hard time believing it doesnt have insurance, absentee owner, during hurricane season, it would be very hard to over look insurance. Owner Could be playing some cat and mouse, to make sure he gets the full loss, who knows.

Last edited by spk1; 09-10-2010 at 01:00 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:39 AM
Registered

My Boats: Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988

That's really ashame! Hate to see that. The 60 Ocean's are nice!
Attached Thumbnails
Very Eerie sight!! Very sad!!-ocan60_1.jpg   Very Eerie sight!! Very sad!!-ocan60_3.jpg   Very Eerie sight!! Very sad!!-ocan60_7.jpg  

Very Eerie sight!! Very sad!!-ocan60_8.jpg   Very Eerie sight!! Very sad!!-ocan60_10.jpg