Notices

Splashed the Scarab!!

Old 05-08-2002, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Splashed the Scarab!!

Hey guys .. whats happening?/ just got back from a week off.. spent the time remodeling the upstairs bath... and preped the Scarab to run ... finally got the TRS starboard drive back on.. Installed new exaust tips( Thanks Scott.. yes they did fit!! no refund needed!! hows your project comming??) new lettering and flags( thanks Hotboat.. man was that a P I A.. that transfer paper was a pain to get the vinyl off!!!) but she really came out awesome... ran her hard Sunday.. met up with BigDaddy..great meeting you in person Alan... got her all clean and good to go!!! bring on warm weather!!!! I will post pictures soon!!!!
Old 05-08-2002, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Dave- it was good to finally meet you after all the close calls last year. The lettering looks great!! Someone in the Scarab forum is looking for a "beetle" for his boat. Maybe you can help. The exhaust tips sound awesome, too! Yours is probably the cleanest Scarab III I've ever seen. Now we just have to get everyone else in the water(Paul,Cordell,Troy,etc..)
BRING ON THE SUMMER!!!!!!
Old 05-08-2002, 02:50 PM
Registered

Cool

Thanks Alan.. now if only I could keep up withb you I'd be happy!!! you gotta take me out for a ride soon !! stay in touch..Dave
Old 05-08-2002, 04:39 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

Dave glad to here the boat looks good. Send me a photo when you have a chance. I would love to have it on record. Sorry to here you had troubles with the application. good thing it all worked out in the end. just think what I went through doing the entire boat.

Paul.
Old 05-08-2002, 05:21 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Thanks again Paul..it looks better than we thought!!!did you ever have issues peeling the vinyl off the transfer tape?? whats the trick?? I use a vinyl "grid appication tape" with my Kroy system that is really easy!! what mil thickness is your vinyl?? I WILL GET SOME PICS. SOON...DAVE
Old 05-08-2002, 05:35 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

Did you have the paper tape or the plastic tape. I never had a problem with the paper tape unless if it was stuck to the graphic for a long time. maybe that's what happened. I usually spray application fluid on the tape and let it sit for a minute before I pull it off. If I sent it with the plastic tape. I am sorry. I got some to try it out and I wont use it again for application proposes on something that big. I had problems with it when I did the graphics on Shane's boat. I cant wait to see the photos.

Paul
Old 05-08-2002, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Big Daddy

Brought my boat from Port Clinton to the Commodore Club a few weeks ago. I need to get my butt up there and find out why my bildge pumps are not working. Between work, prior comitments and the weather I haven't been able to get it together.
Looking forward to meeting you.

Scarab3DMC, Great to hear that things are comming together for you. Look forward to seeing your new look and you at the CC.

Cordell
Old 05-08-2002, 09:51 PM
Offshore1

dave glad to hear from ya bud, splashed my satuday down right nasty out there .But shes ready to run all we need is the weather now. Keep in touch

take care all
Paul n paul