Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What Are Main Differences? Cig, Nor Outer... >

What Are Main Differences? Cig, Nor Outer...

Notices

What Are Main Differences? Cig, Nor Outer...

Old 01-13-2011, 06:33 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Smarty
I agree. That 427 is one nice looking boat.
Yes but at almost $700k it's a bit pricey. My .02.

I love the raceboat helm and the innovations though...
Old 11-08-2015, 10:57 PM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

4 almost 5 years later look who's still on top! Raising the bar in every aspect! Let's revisit this thread and hear opinions now?
Old 11-09-2015, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by TheGladiator
I really dont care about what happened to the multiple owners or workers 30 years ago...I know who builds them now for me(Lip-Ship) and I think I am in good hands!! I also know that deep down inside you probably want to own a Cigarette becuase they are what they are...period!! Everything out there is compared to a Cigarette one way or another...I am sure some of your buddy's that don't boat alot think that your sunsation is a Cigarette "type boat"... trust me, you will hear it everyday until you just own #1!

Todd
Upon revisiting this thread looks like someone has some editing to do.......

Looks like he jumped off the "LipShip" and made a Statement! Guess "owning #1" isn't as important as he once thought,,,,,,
Old 11-09-2015, 05:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Upon revisiting this thread looks like someone has some editing to do.......

Looks like he jumped off the "LipShip" and made a Statement! Guess "owning #1" isn't as important as he once thought,,,,,,
Man...you must be still thinking how cool those Cigarettes are and wishing you owned one!! LOL This thread is almost 5 years old and I think I have owned 3 Cigarettes and 1 Skater since I posted this...the Statement is a perfect family boat and couldn't be happier with it!!

Todd
Old 11-10-2015, 07:04 AM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by TheGladiator
Man...you must be still thinking how cool those Cigarettes are and wishing you owned one!! LOL This thread is almost 5 years old and I think I have owned 3 Cigarettes and 1 Skater since I posted this...the Statement is a perfect family boat and couldn't be happier with it!!

Todd
My post was in jest, very sarcastic in nature but you are obviously very passionate about the issue. For the record, "wishing" I owned a cigarette.....umm no. OL or NT absolutely!
Old 11-10-2015, 09:31 PM
Gold Member

Outerlimits all the way, really no need to argue we all know the truth!
Old 11-12-2015, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

What mold do the use for their 41? Their own or is it an apache splash? Thx
Old 11-12-2015, 08:45 AM
Registered

Why dont u like the epoxy boats? I thought that was the future...
Old 11-12-2015, 08:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bert4332
Seriously, can we please switch topics, say something less conflicting, like ummm, Religion or Politics?
kanye is going to make a great president if the usa is still solvent in 5 years.

im converting to islam after the deal we made with iran....
Old 11-12-2015, 08:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by richanton
I guess it depends what is important to you. In my opinion, of these three choices the 37 OL is the best all around boat. The 37 started production in 1993, and if you compare a mid or late 90's 38 TG to the same year 37 OL it is no contest. The cig's of that time were a much older design (straight bottom) and to me the styling, interior, etc. just looked dated- the 37 OL is a very modern shape and still looks great next to newer boats, especially with some updates. The fit and finish, even on the older OLs, is very impressive. The cabin of an OL which is most likely air conditioned, covered in ultra-leather, and finished with accent and mood lighting is a very nice place to be (and f##k). The TG, by comparison, is kinda like lounging on a picnic table.

37 OL is a much bigger boat than a 38 TG and is available with a lot of amenities that a TG probably won't have like enclosed head, A/C, heat, generator, etc. The cabin is huge, the cockpit is deep, and even the sunpad is big. Personally, I love the single step design of the 37- it handles great, crushes rough water, and some how still manages to be fast (82 with 500hp and bravos). To me it feels much more hooked up, sharp, and stable than some of the early twin-step designs.

I still love the cigs, I think all performance boaters do. I just like the 37 OL better.

Don't be afraid of a bravo boat unless you want to push big power. 500 or 525 with bravos can be a reliable package. To get 6's with Merc power you have to have 850s or 1075s (big $$$), if you get custom motors just be careful and make sure you know just exactly what you are getting. Don't buy a boat with big blower motors that the last owners cousin built in his basement just cause it has #6 drives.
Why not, the price will reflect those engines... so you buy it and drag it over to tommy at chief and have him freshen em up and put his valve train and turbo set ups on em and youre stylin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.