Like Tree0Likes

Pretty cool Mercedes video

Reply
Old 10-10-2010, 09:25 AM
  #11
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 9,590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LubeJobs42 View Post
Hard to judge if it's faster then the Lambos. Completely different kind of power. The Lambos are all wheel drive that come off the line slow and then the acceleration is crazy. This car is power. All i did was turn off the traction control and stomp on it. It will keep spinning the wheels through third gear. I'm sure it will blow out the tires if i keep going.
It's hard to believe it's a Mercedes. If the windows are up, i hardly hear the tires spinning.
Gino Harmut does great things there in Lake Park!

Watching that video I was wondering if it was going to end with "Gino luck"......
Jupiter Sunsation is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:33 AM
  #12
Registered
 
ItsPeanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Im close to water?
My Boats: 21 Scout
Posts: 1,239
Default

I got too drive one of those when they first came out. My buddy worked for corporate at MB and brought it over. We hit 164 down wonderwood and she still had more. The way the seats inflate to keep you tight to the seat is cool. Its a beautiful car.
ItsPeanut is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:01 PM
  #13
No Comment
VIP Member
 
packinair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: This post copyright, Packinair Inc. All rights reserved.
Posts: 1,637
Default

the 65's are NUTS!!! I have a little old E55 and that is impressive.. I do not think there are many cars on the road that have chit on a 65 from 60+ (INCLUDING a lambo)
__________________
packinair is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:16 AM
  #14
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Arlington Tx
Posts: 9,373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation View Post
You better stick to Cummins stuff......

Unless that M6 was chipped it is 500 HP and electronically limited to 155 as most German cars are. Even with 550 HP an M6 won't hit 180.....
Yeah he could have been blowing smoke as I told him I had never driven a car like that. Hell I didn't even know the M series existed before that day.

But I do appreciate you telling me what to stick to, what to say how to think how to act, I mean I've learned SO much from you...
Catmando is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:47 AM
  #15
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Tulsa, Ok
My Boats: Donzi 22 Classic
Posts: 166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation View Post

Unless that M6 was chipped it is 500 HP and electronically limited to 155 as most German cars are. Even with 550 HP an M6 won't hit 180.....
Maybe you have topped out an unrestricted M6, but I find it very believable that an M6 would easily go 180.

I did some "googling", and found a couple of sites claiming they would do over 200. I dont know of I believe that though, considering a 599 GTO with 661 HP will only do 208mph.

Here is what wikipedia had to say:
The new BMW M6 concept made its debut at the 2005 Geneva Motor Show. It is based on the BMW E63/E64 6-Series, introduced in 2004. It shares the same 5.0 L V10 S85 engine and SMG III gearbox with the E60 M5, and produces 514 hp (383 kW) / 520 Nm (380 lbft).

BMW claims it accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 4.4 seconds (0-60 mph: 4.1 s [Road & Track [2/06]) and has an electronically limited top speed of 155 miles per hour (249 km/h). With the limiter removed, the top speed can reach 205 miles per hour (330 km/h).
Planetwarmer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:25 AM
  #16
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
dykstra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, IL
My Boats: 29' FOUNTAIN 525SC
Posts: 5,341
Default

Cool video! Awesome car!
dykstra is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:19 AM
  #17
KiloKat
VIP Member
 
KiloKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Edwardsville, IL
My Boats: Fast Cats
Posts: 971
Default

I had a CL65 and took it to "street tire night" at our local dragstrip a few years back Totally stock ran an 11.81. Now I have my second SL65. Installed Renntech's upgrade when I got it and absolutely love the torque. These 65's are animals from 60 to 150
__________________
Everything Runs Better On Alcohol
www.nautiboats.com
KiloKat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:26 AM
  #18
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
GLH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Burlington, VT
My Boats: Azimut
Posts: 15,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetwarmer View Post
Maybe you have topped out an unrestricted M6, but I find it very believable that an M6 would easily go 180.

I did some "googling", and found a couple of sites claiming they would do over 200. I dont know of I believe that though, considering a 599 GTO with 661 HP will only do 208mph.

Here is what wikipedia had to say:
The new BMW M6 concept made its debut at the 2005 Geneva Motor Show. It is based on the BMW E63/E64 6-Series, introduced in 2004. It shares the same 5.0 L V10 S85 engine and SMG III gearbox with the E60 M5, and produces 514 hp (383 kW) / 520 Nm (380 lbft).

BMW claims it accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 4.4 seconds (0-60 mph: 4.1 s [Road & Track [2/06]) and has an electronically limited top speed of 155 miles per hour (249 km/h). With the limiter removed, the top speed can reach 205 miles per hour (330 km/h).
I'd be careful about quoting magazines for speeds I have no idea what it quotes my baby Lambo but I know what it does... Stable as everything at all sorts of speed and IT DOES go over 200 (but I didn't feel like taking a picture...)... Bone stock.
Attached Images
 
GLH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:21 PM
  #19
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Dunmore,PA
Posts: 88
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation View Post
You better stick to Cummins stuff......

Unless that M6 was chipped it is 500 HP and electronically limited to 155 as most German cars are. Even with 550 HP an M6 won't hit 180.....
not sure about stock, but chipped m6's are actually pretty quick and do have a very high top end, and will walk away from a c6 Z06 from 160 on.
Timeless61 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:46 PM
  #20
Registered
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lake Conroe, TX.
My Boats: 39' Sea Ray, 38' Nortech, 18' Taylor SJ
Posts: 14,916
Default

Cool car Gino. Glad to see you got a nice one.
jeff1000man is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.