Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
hello all...input/opinions needed >

hello all...input/opinions needed

Notices

hello all...input/opinions needed

Old 10-11-2010, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

I like the 93 cafe, but for $60K I think you can get into a 38 top gun or a nice 38 scarab.

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 10-11-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:20 PM
Registered

Received 4,325 Likes on 1,241 Posts
Thumbs up

That redone `93 Cafe sure looks beautiful!
Old 10-11-2010, 03:30 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know the PP is a nice boat, but you also know how strongly I feel about brand names. Cig's always turn faster than PP's.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:32 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Smarty
This is what you want, and is not far from your price range. Everything is new (except for the hull).
Beautiful boat but you could be looing at YEARS to re-sell it
Old 10-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

You'll need 1-200 more HP per side in the Cafe to run the same speed as the PP and the PP is much easier on Bravo's.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:28 PM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
which are you referring to bro
The one that Sportboats Marine has. John and Tim are both straight shooters and will treat you right....
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 10-11-2010, 04:42 PM
Registered

That 93 Cigarette is a beautiful boat!

Berns, how long do you plan on owning your next boat for? If it is more than 3-4 years I would tend to think that you would see less depreciation, higher re-sale value, and quicker sales out of the Cigs, and that 1993 35' is absolutely awesome.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by DollaBill
Beautiful boat but you could be looing at YEARS to re-sell it
DollaBill,

You are correct in your assesment. When my father bought the Phantom he was looking for a 34' Phantom. So it is truly a specialized buyer. We just (it is my mother's boat) won't give it away at a firesale price, so if it does not sell we keep it. At this time there is not a sense of urgency, but is priced lower than $69K, it runs 92+ mph, runs on 87/89 octane, no blowers, everything is new, garage kept, ect.

Bernie will find a good boat, he seems to buy a boat every couple of years. And you cannot go wrong with Cigarette (I like Cigarettes). Hopefully if my mother truly wants it gone, then it will not be years before it sells, and as of now, my money is tied up, and my law practice has just re-started. I wish I could buy it for the price she is asking. Time will tell.

Stephen
Old 10-11-2010, 05:06 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Smarty
DollaBill,

You are correct in your assesment. When my father bought the Phantom he was looking for a 34' Phantom. So it is truly a specialized buyer. We just (it is my mother's boat) won't give it away at a firesale price, so if it does not sell we keep it. At this time there is not a sense of urgency, but is priced lower than $69K, it runs 92+ mph, runs on 87/89 octane, no blowers, everything is new, garage kept, ect.

Bernie will find a good boat, he seems to buy a boat every couple of years. And you cannot go wrong with Cigarette (I like Cigarettes). Hopefully if my mother truly wants it gone, then it will not be years before it sells, and as of now, my money is tied up, and my law practice has just re-started. I wish I could buy it for the price she is asking. Time will tell.

Stephen
Again, not saying it's a bad boat, just as you say, very specialized. Actually one of the FEW boats I have not spent time in.

As for Bernies boat, when he does find it I'll be sitting next to him burning gas to Tices
Old 10-11-2010, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DollaBill
I know the PP is a nice boat, but you also know how strongly I feel about brand names. Cig's always turn faster than PP's.
I would imagine the depreciation on the $38K PP 33 w/ 500's will not be greater than any of the Cig's listed here.

My next boat will likely be a PP 33, or a Top Gun if I can swing one. The Cafe's don't run near as fast a 33 with similar power, and even the Top Gun is quicker. Plus I like the looks of a straight fairing better personally.

As to brand recognition.....sure a Cig has a bigger market, but you are also competing with a much bigger pool when selling. I've just mentioned I might sell my PP next spring, and have been contacted by 3 or so people asking about it. So I think the odd's of selling either comes down to price and condition for either brand.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.