Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Don't You Just Love a Girl Who Loves to Go Fast? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/240622-dont-you-just-love-girl-who-loves-go-fast.html)

richanton 10-11-2010 07:28 PM

Don't You Just Love a Girl Who Loves to Go Fast?

I was out yesterday with some girls who I haven't had on the boat before. There was a nice chop going in the sound and I was pushing it. Every time the boat got big air I would look over expecting them to be all freaked out, but they were smiling and having a blast, telling me to go faster! It was getting dark and they didn't want me to head in.

I love it, thinking about those chicks having fun and not being a pain in the a** has had me smiling all day.

Anybody with me?

ActiveFun 10-11-2010 07:32 PM

Wow, girls like that really exist? lol

fantastixvoyage 10-11-2010 07:33 PM

Yep stood the phantom near vertical playing in some really nasty stuff. All I got was a big smile and rolling of the eyes! Some girls just get it.

Course when we harpooned a wave 5 mins later and were soaked in 50 degree weather it was time to call it quits :angry-smiley-038:

rlj676 10-11-2010 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage (Post 3228205)
Yep stood the phantom near vertical playing in some really nasty stuff. All I got was a big smile and rolling of the eyes! Some girls just get it.

Course when we harpooned a wave 5 mins later and were soaked in 50 degree weather it was time to call it quits :angry-smiley-038:

Haha, sounds like you went out the last weekend of Sept!

I went and dropped the boat in, busted an alternator belt of course.

The girls that ride with me don't yell at me, but they don't necessarily scream for more speed.....

Cousineau181 10-11-2010 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by ActiveFun (Post 3228203)
Wow, girls like that really exist? lol

+1

Expensive Date 10-11-2010 07:56 PM

I was coming back from AC last year caught a cruiser wake I did not see.Caught some big air wife was not real happy neither was my son.My daughter wanted to circle around and do it again.

boating37 10-11-2010 08:43 PM

Well this year at the Emerald Coast Poker run, went with the Statement Marine we took the 50 Cat and my girlfriend LOVED IT 172mph. Told her she is an elite group of people who have ever been that fast.

firehawkcat 10-11-2010 09:05 PM

I think the woman dont complain until you marry them then they will tell how fast you can go

Turbojack 10-11-2010 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by firehawkcat (Post 3228298)
I think the woman dont complain until you marry them then they will tell how fast you can go

This is what you call a wifeegovenor. Mine is set about 55-65 before it goes off.

Racegirl3 10-11-2010 09:40 PM

Hmmm .... I guess some of you havent met me ... or Dee... or Heather ... or Kitten ... or Loreen .... or Mary ... or Elizabeth ... or Daneen .... or Donna ... or Karen ... or Leslie .... or Dina :D

Point is , there are plenty of us out there.... you just gotta find a girl who doesnt mind getting her hair messed up :rolleyes::drink:

Edward R. Cozzi 10-11-2010 09:58 PM

Took the new woman in my life 95 MPH in a 47' OL for her first ride in a high performance boat. (Flat water - nothing challenging) She loved it...wants me to buy one. Told her no, I'd have to give-up too many cars.

buck183 10-11-2010 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Racegirl3 (Post 3228343)
Hmmm .... I guess some of you havent met me ... or Dee... or Heather ... or Kitten ... or Loreen .... or Mary ... or Elizabeth ... or Daneen .... or Donna ... or Karen ... or Leslie .... or Dina :D

Point is , there are plenty of us out there.... you just gotta find a girl who doesnt mind getting her hair messed up :rolleyes::drink:

For the most part you ladies are the exception to the rule. That's why we do what we can to stay on your good side here on these forums. ;)

Buck

caseyh 10-11-2010 10:13 PM

Buddy boat blew a drive this year at emerald coast. Him and our other buddy limpped in one one. Picked up his girls (3) and we took off to get his last card for him in pincacola. Who ever was there knows a storm came up. They whent from a 32 fountain to a 25 baja lol. We rolled into the storm jumping every wave never hitting hard but nice size for the 25'. It stormed the whole way back from pincacola to fort Walton. They loved every min of the wet set sliding back and forth screaming go faster with the rain pounding at 50mph

Interceptor 10-11-2010 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by richanton (Post 3228200)
I was out yesterday with some girls who I haven't had on the boat before. There was a nice chop going in the sound and I was pushing it. Every time the boat got big air I would look over expecting them to be all freaked out, but they were smiling and having a blast, telling me to go faster! It was getting dark and they didn't want me to head in.

I love it, thinking about those chicks having fun and not being a pain in the a** has had me smiling all day.

Anybody with me?

I also like women that can drive the truck and launch/retrieve the boat.

PatriYacht 10-11-2010 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Turbojack (Post 3228336)
This is what you call a wifeegovenor. Mine is set about 55-65 before it goes off.

when it comes to wives vs girlfriends or friends on the go fast issue here's my take on it, IMHO I love going fast, but on other people boats:party-smiley-004: Why you ask, that's because we (I) know the faster you go the chances of breaking something goes up and that means money out of my pocket!!!! Donna

PatriYacht 10-11-2010 10:27 PM

LOL some of you guys that post about wives not like going fast also complained on another tread about them pushing the thermostat way up when it gets cold, or leaving lights on in rooms that we have exited, as I told Ian tonight as he was complaining about the light left on in my office, peanuts, yes peanuts compared to that gas guzzling, time consuming piece of fiberglass in our driveway:drink::kiss: LOL I always wonder how I would feel about the Black Thunder, if I really didn't like boating/which I do!

jpf091959 10-11-2010 10:33 PM

My girlfriend loves to go fast. She hardly ever grabs the hand hold. I have to admit I would rather be driving than being a passenger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkGYxpvWgwk

87MagnumII 10-11-2010 10:58 PM

thats exactly what happened to me!!! :lolhit:

Rattlesnake Jake 10-12-2010 04:33 AM

It's called your personal "Rev Limiter"..:lolhit:

Flyin-Bryan 10-12-2010 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by 87MagnumII (Post 3228405)
thats exactly what happened to me!!! :lolhit:

That's what Divorce lawyers are for.

srx 780 10-12-2010 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Flyin-Bryan (Post 3228511)
That's what Divorce lawyers are for.

yup, used to call my ex the fun regulator/liquor control, all wrapped up in one:eek:

Ted G 10-12-2010 08:10 AM

"Well, we can either pound through this crap or get up on top."

Her- "Get on it"

That's true love right there :kiss:

LuvMy47Ftn 10-12-2010 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Ted G (Post 3228564)
"Well, we can either pound through this crap or get up on top."

Her- "Get on it"

That's true love right there :kiss:

My favorite words to hear her say..... "get on it"

Big Time 10-12-2010 08:23 AM

Here is a pic that Sharkey Images took of this weekend on the Hudson Fun Run. My GF is the one in the back waving, while my buddy upfront is holding on for dear life! We lost a couple of boats to the rough water on the way down, but everytime I looked back she was smiling!

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/hu...507c#h2b5ebbf3

Racegirl3 10-12-2010 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by buck183 (Post 3228370)
For the most part you ladies are the exception to the rule. That's why we do what we can to stay on your good side here on these forums. ;)

Buck

:kiss::D

RT930turbo 10-12-2010 08:28 AM

Mine is usually really good about it, but she knows if she says slow down, I speed up. So she usually just tells me to hit it!

Ebay Ed 10-12-2010 08:33 AM

My GF only complains when i air it out and it slams downhard otherwise see likes to run it WOT ( which for my boat is only 53 mph LOL ) but i think she would still like it at 75 or 80 as long as i wasnt beating her to death

bigboat28 10-12-2010 09:13 AM

Luckily mine has never told me to slow down. A few years ago we traded our 28 Pantera on a 31 Formula PC, about a month ago we bought another 28 Pantera and she actually told me did not realize how much she missed going fast.

Tom A. 10-12-2010 10:04 AM

3 Attachment(s)
That's why I married mine!!!!!!!:boat:

Dd24skater 10-12-2010 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Tom A. (Post 3228652)
That's why I married mine!!!!!!!:boat:

Me too! She used to take our 24 skater out herself, drive right through the hop and run in the 90's!

glassdave 10-12-2010 10:47 AM

:drink: I have been slowly getting her use to driving for some time. Its a good idea to get them comfortable behind the wheel, ya never know it could be needed one day. She really does enjoy running the boat though. Last summer we were out and a friend came up on us in his Formula, had her spool it up to eighty and walked him. Man you should here him whine about a re match (all in fun) We always give him schit aout beind out driven by a girl lol. :drink:

[YOUTUBE]nEmcZhva_1c[/YOUTUBE]

Plowtownmissile 10-12-2010 11:58 AM

My wife is pretty cool about my toys and going fast cause she loves it too.

We picked up my boat last November and got it wet this spring. On about our third time out, we went to a local lake in Carlyle IL thats about 1 mile wide/20 miles long and can get really snotty...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXh-9TzY-No
I was throttling the **** out of my boat in the slop to run 50mph trying to get a 30'+ cat with twins to play and he cruised next to us and then left us easily. My wife goes, "is that what your wanting to buy?". I replied, "that's exactly what I want." She goes, "wow that looks alot smoother than us getting beat up, go ahead and start looking for one." :party-smiley-020:

sleev-les 10-12-2010 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Racegirl3 (Post 3228343)

I have to agree on there being plenty of girls that like to go fast. I can't speak for the boating just yet since I am still on the lookout, but I ride (street bikes) and girls love being on the back, and wanting to go faster. They complain I don't go fast enough, but I'm not running like the flash on the highway...No way!

sommerfliesby 10-12-2010 12:15 PM

2007 Chicago Poker Run....4-6' on Lake Michigan...

Me: "Now, it's pretty rough out there, if at ANY time you are uncomfortable, just let me know and we can turn around."
Her: "Ok."

Five minutes in...
Me: "You doin' alright."
Her: "Yes. Keep going."

15 minutes in...I slow down from 65-70 to about 55...
Her: "What did you do?"
Me: "Slowed down a bit."
Her: "Well speed the f#$% back up, we're getting pounded here!"

Man I love her.

wrinkleface 10-12-2010 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby (Post 3228737)
2007 Chicago Poker Run....4-6' on Lake Michigan...

Me: "Now, it's pretty rough out there, if at ANY time you are uncomfortable, just let me know and we can turn around."
Her: "Ok."

Five minutes in...
Me: "You doin' alright."
Her: "Yes. Keep going."

15 minutes in...I slow down from 65-70 to about 55...
Her: "What did you do?"
Me: "Slowed down a bit."
Her: "Well speed the f#$% back up, we're getting pounded here!"

Man I love her.

She can dance 2!!!:party-smiley-048:

tomtbone1993 10-12-2010 12:28 PM

mine tooo........:eek:

SpeedDoc 10-12-2010 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Plowtownmissile (Post 3228724)
My wife is pretty cool about my toys and going fast cause she loves it too.

We picked up my boat last November and got it wet this spring. On about our third time out, we went to a local lake in Carlyle IL thats about 1 mile wide/20 miles long and can get really snotty...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXh-9TzY-No
I was throttling the **** out of my boat in the slop to run 50mph trying to get a 30'+ cat with twins to play and he cruised next to us and then left us easily. My wife goes, "is that what your wanting to buy?". I replied, "that's exactly what I want." She goes, "wow that looks alot smoother than us getting beat up, go ahead and start looking for one." :party-smiley-020:

Wow that is pretty Sloppy, You'll need a good fast Cat to ride on top of that slop for sure :)

BLee 10-12-2010 02:09 PM

Yep, my girl loves speed, and air too:

Vid: http://www.vimeo.com/4870670

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2265/dsc0020fv.jpg

314joey 10-12-2010 03:59 PM

The Wife loves to run WOT, but sometimes on the water we boat on in the midwest can get some big chop on it and she has a hard time holding on to both the bolster and "the girls" if you know what I mean, don't want to get bruised up.

Plowtownmissile 10-12-2010 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by SpeedDoc (Post 3228755)
Wow that is pretty Sloppy, You'll need a good fast Cat to ride on top of that slop for sure :)

The first time we got caught out on that lake in the 20 Outlaw, it took about five seconds to talk her into a bigger boat lol