Like Tree0Likes

Haggin Retires

Old 10-23-2010, 12:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES View Post
I was quoting Haggin from what he stated on the stage at the awards at LIVE BAIT during his announcement of his retirement.

Do you really think it was Geico that came up all of the ideas that came to life in the AMF camp over the past several years ?

Sorry, to my knowledge it was Haggin that was very innovative and came up with most of the off the hook promotions and ideas....

I have no doubt Haggin came up with a lot of the promotional items. Maybe not all, but a lot. However, that has no bearing on the team itself.

Haggin said he was giving control of MGR to Marc and Scotty? I assume then he will continue to fund the team along with GEICO.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:29 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmando View Post
Haggin said he was giving control of MGR to Marc and Scotty? I assume then he will continue to fund the team along with GEICO.
Don't ever ASSume....

I am not sure what part of my post you do not understand, but obviously you seem to have doubt in what I have posted.

So here is a suggestion.

Why not ask Ron P to post the video he shot from the awards where Haggin announced his retirement ?

Perhaps even have another look at Matt Trulio's story ?

http://speedonthewater.com/haggin-retires

"According to Haggin representatives including his attorney and Miss Geico driver Marc Granet, Haggin plans to step away from day-to-day, decision-making involvement with the team but will still track its progress."

Maybe then you just might get it ? or not......

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 10-23-2010, 02:16 PM
Banned

Ok whatever, I'm done with the speculation. Hey Polli post that video.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: 29' FOUNTAIN 525SC

I met John and crew at the LOTO shootout years ago and he was one of the nicest, most genuine person I have ever met! Good for you John and thank you for everything you have done for the sport.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Isn't this thread about John Haggins Retirement from the sport. Instead of making a big deal about Factory Racing on this post ,start a new post about Factory Racing. Lets Honor and respect John Haggins decision to retire from the sport, which he has done so much for and if any of you disagree, step up and lets see what you can do and contribute to the sport. He did great things and I for one appreciate everything he has done and maybe the rest will come out later, if there is anything at all, obviously Mark and Scott have nothing to say at this time.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:50 PM
Registered
Trade Score: (3)

My Boats: 22 Avanti, 25 Nova, 2 turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree,SBYC

Having met and talked to him many times over the last couple years, The man ALWAYS has a smile on his face, always has something good to say and always wants to help somehow. Always a class act in my book.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:11 PM
Registered

My Boats: 38 Cigarette Top Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Trulio View Post
Could be that he honestly doesn't know at this point. Maybe he has a basic notion (that's what I got from the team members on Sunday night and it's what I reported) but maybe his plan isn't fully formed at this time.

What the plan is, it will come out in due time, as will why he retired. I think everyone would like to know, but if I'm Mr. Haggin I will announce my plans (or have my people announce them because, hey, I'm retired) when I'm good and ready.
TA-DA!!! Well said
Old 10-27-2010, 04:58 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Old 10-27-2010, 06:11 PM
Registered

My Boats: 38' Jupiter, 50' Mystic, 28' Airship, 27' Kryptonite

I have been on OSO for a while and let me say that I am amazed with how fast we forget things and move on. I didn't attend the Orange Beach race so I wasn't aware of John's announcement, but it is a complete shock to read this on here. John Haggin's contribution to this sport shouldn't be measured in dollar signs it should be measure in relationships, technical advances, and most importantly safety advancements. His efforts have paid dividends that most, if not all, racers have been cashing in on for years. I have had the pleasure to share a drink with John and let me tell you, WOW! what a true spirit.

John, I hope that whatever it is that your moving onto repays you with joy and gratitude. You deserve it.

As far as the rest of us racer on here I'm disappointed that this isn't the longest, most talked about, most discussed and most updated forum on here. Don't you think he deserves it?

Chris
Old 10-27-2010, 08:07 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

I agree Chris and is why I brought it back to the top with another one of John's marketing ideas. The MGR Bobble Heads....