Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
East Coast Poker Run Bests >

East Coast Poker Run Bests

Notices

East Coast Poker Run Bests

Old 10-24-2010, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wait all year to do the Barnaget bay Run with NJPPC no matter how busy I am or Whats going on My boat sat all year wrapped up until one week before Shut down my shop for the week and got the boat ready for the roar at the shore its the one day I really run the ocean and i love it ,the bigger the seas the more i enjoy it. Dave does a great job. I Dont have to worry about anything but getting the boat there and ready one shes in and ready to go I get my coffee and something to eat and wait for the good time to start. Plus sharkey always gets great Pictures of my boat during the run. Its the only time i ran the boat all season.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KYElimEagle
Lake Cumberland Poker Run, lots of fun always weekend after Labor Day. Try to hit this one if you get a chance.
Hello:

What is good about it? Can you give me some information on what to expect why it's your favorite etc...?

That could be easy to do as we would be at LOTO in August. Thus, it would easy to ship boat from there to Cumberland.

NJPPC and Jammin on the James have a loyal following for a reason it would be real tough for us to not fit them into our itinerary for 2011.

KAP
Old 10-24-2010, 10:24 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tony stamis
Plus Sharkey always gets great pictures of my boat during the run.
Thank you Tony !

BTW,
You still need to pick out your pics to be printed from the Package A you purchased at this year's Roar at the Shore...

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 10-25-2010, 05:57 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Kap,
The Lake Cumberland Poker Run is a huge event for performance boats, but it is even bigger for non poker runners. It is the most busy weekend on the lake in the year. Many spectators from all over come to watch and party. The owner of the State Dock Marina thanked us all for coming, said was the first weekend that all the marinas were at full capacity since the economic downturn.
Lake Cumberland is very large and deep, 100 miles long, 2000 miles of shoreline. Clear water, banks are beautiful rock palisades. The lake is famous for it's houseboating. The Poker Run is run out of the State Dock. Call and get registered as early as possible so you can get a boattel(houseboat at the dock) or stay in the State Park Lodge or Cabins. All the Poker Run action is at the Marina dock which is one of the country's largest inland marinas. They feed you dinner on Friday, breakfast , lunch and dinner on Saturday.
There will be a lot of really nice hardware from all over the country. Some run hard others not. Race fuel is available at the dock pumps. The run is started by the Fish and Wildlife people who have figured out how to keep the course reasonably clear. They do a good job for us.
It's a dry county so it's BYOB. Bill Kingery brings top notch sound system for a party barge with video screen. He cranks it up on Friday. They have a good live band on Saturday. I think the thing about this one is that you can come put your boat in the water and never have to leave the dock all weekend. Pretty relaxing and easy to meet and talk to other poker runners. I don't think any ever are dissapointed.