Like Tree0Likes

Black Thunder - Just my opinion

Reply
Old 10-27-2010, 11:41 AM
  #31
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Arlington Tx
Posts: 9,373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baywatch View Post
with the 51 OL and the 50 NT in the marketplace I don't know why a new boat buyer would even look that direction (BT). It is like a 1992 corvette vs a 2010.

I know I just built my boat barn big enough to fit a 50' Nortech on a gooseneck trailer. Hopefully one day I can go after all of Bobthebuilders records..
The OL51's cabin only has about four feet of headroom. Very claustrophobic. The NT has at least 6'2", I'm sure Sobo knows...
Catmando is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:53 AM
  #32
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: TOLEDO, OH
My Boats: wellcraft
Posts: 69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmando View Post
The OL51's cabin only has about four feet of headroom. Very claustrophobic. The NT has at least 6'2", I'm sure Sobo knows...
if you feel claustrophobic in a OL51 you got some issues dude
srx 780 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:07 PM
  #33
PF Marine
Platinum Member
 
Coolerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,767
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmando View Post
I think a 46 ran over 100 with 850s...
With more dialing in I'm sure it could have. Ran a best of 96 on the limiters because it was propped for a bit more acceleration.
Coolerman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:59 PM
  #34
Registered
Trade Score: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lees Summit ~ LOTO 10MM
My Boats: 43SC ...............Black Thunder
Posts: 2,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxman View Post
With more dialing in I'm sure it could have. Ran a best of 96 on the limiters because it was propped for a bit more acceleration.
Would that be the Red boat at your close friends Jason??

BT is a good machine, they just have some issues overall. Ive owned a few and the biggest detractor from my stance is BRAVO drives on a 14000lb boat. It just doesnt make sense. Their features are great, everytime i went to the water with one of the boats, we overnighted with it, being thats what i bought them for. Now, its time to go back to a fountain or maybe follow Marcs steps and get a 38TG.
endeavor1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:13 PM
  #35
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member
 
Griff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Omaha
My Boats: .......32............. ...............Active Thunder....
Posts: 15,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmando View Post
I think a 46 ran over 100 with 850s...
Trip 800's puts a 46 BT right about 100mph. A 50 Nortech with the same power runs just a few ticks faster.
Griff is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 03:10 PM
  #36
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
LAriverratt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Springfield, Louisiana
My Boats: 32 Sunsation SSR, 308 skater,( #1-28 skater sold), 24' Xpress
Posts: 3,414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by endeavor1 View Post
Would that be the Red boat at your close friends Jason??

BT is a good machine, they just have some issues overall. Ive owned a few and the biggest detractor from my stance is BRAVO drives on a 14000lb boat. It just doesnt make sense. Their features are great, everytime i went to the water with one of the boats, we overnighted with it, being thats what i bought them for. Now, its time to go back to a fountain or maybe follow Marcs steps and get a 38TG.
heard you had something out back to update????
LAriverratt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:46 PM
  #37
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Jassman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 9,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
Trip 800's puts a 46 BT right about 100mph. A 50 Nortech with the same power runs just a few ticks faster.
The 46 BT is about 8" longer than the 43 NT. NT does not count their swim platform, just running surface. The 50 NT is actually 52'2" and comes in a weight of 20+k. Twin 850's on a 43 NT does around 103-05 with the right props.
Jassman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:55 PM
  #38
Registered
 
OL40SVX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bristol, RI
My Boats: Outerlimits
Posts: 7,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmando View Post
The OL51's cabin only has about four feet of headroom. Very claustrophobic. The NT has at least 6'2", I'm sure Sobo knows...
That is completely wrong. There's plenty of head room in a 51 OL well over 5ft.
OL40SVX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:15 AM
  #39
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Arlington Tx
Posts: 9,373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fountain40icbm View Post
That is completely wrong. There's plenty of head room in a 51 OL well over 5ft.
I was on Haggin's boat and I had to crouch WAY over to walk in the cabin and I'm only 5'10". It was like frogmarching...
Catmando is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:46 AM
  #40
Registered
Trade Score: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lees Summit ~ LOTO 10MM
My Boats: 43SC ...............Black Thunder
Posts: 2,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAriverratt View Post
heard you had something out back to update????
? ? ? ? ? Not boat wise.....
endeavor1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.