Like Tree0Likes

Phenomenon Update?

Reply
Old 11-02-2010, 09:49 AM
  #21
KiloKat
VIP Member
 
KiloKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Edwardsville, IL
My Boats: Fast Cats
Posts: 971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnydo View Post
WHATS THE HIGHEST GPS NUMBER YOU HAVE SEEN IN YOUR MISTIC
218 with the boat still pulling hard at the end of the Shootout mile.
__________________
Everything Runs Better On Alcohol
www.nautiboats.com
KiloKat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:43 AM
  #22
Registered
 
DirtyMoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Murrayville, GA
My Boats: 368 Skater, 33 Scarab AVS(Sold), Fountain 48EC Yanmar/Arneson, Deep Impact 33LS
Posts: 3,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatme View Post
Sometimes i wonder if it would not be better to just mount a hull to a fast airplane (small jet) and land it at speed on the water. You could set the water speed record and then fly home

At this point we are over the take off speed of any plane anyways so instead of a fast boat setting a speed record that should be done in an airplane why not set a slow jet down on the water with a fiberglass hull might be a more prudent thing to do

(No offence Kilo Kat just tounge and cheek)

By the way Dave and Johhny still rule the water if you ask me
Already done!
Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger of US Airways is the king of the Hudson.
DirtyMoney is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:46 AM
  #23
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: LI, New York
Posts: 1,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbr2328 View Post
Already done!
Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger of US Airways is the king of the Hudson.
Not exactly. I believe they landed in the low 170mph mark (could be wrong). I cant remember where, but I read that they had to land between 150mph and 175mph (so the plane would not nose dive or land too hard) at exactly an 11 degree angle.
Mastercraft240 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:12 PM
  #24
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Metairie, la
My Boats: 56' Phenomenon
Posts: 15
Default

We have been out of touch, but have not quit the project. We still remain focused on the goal of the speed record and are currently working in that direction. Scott had to have surgery on his arm for a detached bicep and this slowed down the project a litttle bit. We are awaiting new thrust tubes that will allow us to attach a tiebar between the drives so that we may continue our testing. Will be back in the water next month and will keep you updated. Thanks for your support in this project, as always our focus is to make Al's wish of breaking the record come true and we will.
Phenomenon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:01 PM
  #25
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member
 
WARPARTY36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: E DOCK GLOC, OK
My Boats: 2014 Cigarette 39 GTS
Posts: 3,694
Default

That's great to hear Scott Be safe
WARPARTY36 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:35 PM
  #26
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARPARTY36 View Post
That's great to hear Scott Be safe
X 2
AB From Windsor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:50 PM
  #27
naplesimage.com
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
jayboat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: SWFloridaH2O
My Boats: Every One In Sight
Posts: 18,213
Default

Great to hear that.

Good luck and best wishes.
__________________
Roostertail does not lie.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
jayboat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:33 PM
  #28
Registered
 
SS930's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: At the office.
My Boats: 1990 Donzi Sweet 16
Posts: 6,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenon View Post
We have been out of touch, but have not quit the project. We still remain focused on the goal of the speed record and are currently working in that direction. Scott had to have surgery on his arm for a detached bicep and this slowed down the project a litttle bit. We are awaiting new thrust tubes that will allow us to attach a tiebar between the drives so that we may continue our testing. Will be back in the water next month and will keep you updated. Thanks for your support in this project, as always our focus is to make Al's wish of breaking the record come true and we will.
Thanks for updating. One question (I'll be blunt and not dance around the obvious) ... any validity to the rumor of the boat going under? I noticed that wasn't addressed one way or another with your update? If so, what happened?
SS930 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:36 PM
  #29
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Arlington Tx
Posts: 9,373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloKat View Post
218 with the boat still pulling hard at the end of the Shootout mile.
I believe you can break the propeller speed record(220mph Miss Budweiser).
Catmando is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.